OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hey Chris! Bushnell HDMR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Chris! Bushnell HDMR
    Posted: July/15/2012 at 22:43
Chris (and all),

After talking to one of your sales guys about LEO pricing, I am "this close" to dropping the hammer on a Bushnell HDMR.  I have some questions.

Reading threads over on the hide, guys make mention of many different reticle options (TREMOR etc) and I can't find any such options on any vendor's site... Or on Bushnell's.

In addition, although a phone call to Bushnell resulted in a "no plans for 10 mils per turn" answer, there is a pic posted on the hide of the HDMR with 10 mil turrets.

I am confused.  Are there many more (unpublished) reticle options?  Is there a 10 mil version?

Thanks.
hey_kuya View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hey_kuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 20:47
Hi tucansam,

There are only four reticles available for the Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50. The first 2 are The DMR reticles that consists of Bushnell's excellent G2DMR and the old school mil dot ret. The other 2 is The HDMR reticles (HorusVision) which consists of the the TRMR2 ret and the H59 ret.

For more info on the Horus reticle go to http://www.horusvision.com/manuals.php. look for the HDMR
Scope Brochure and all the info is there.

On Bushnell web site navigate to rifle scopes, then to Elite Tactical. The scopes are third row down. You can also go to manuals and get info there. Look for Elite Tactical special reticles.

When I first bought the scope I was concerned that it wasn't a 10 mil rev turret. But after using the scope I found that I did not even need it. The H59 reticle gives me all the holdover points I will ever need. With a 300 yd zero my hold for 1000yds is 9.5 mils (using ATRAG and Strelok) and really like not having to dail for elevation anymore. I suspect that the G2DMR will do the same at lower cost.

Anyway if I were you, I'd just buy it. I really think you'll love the scope anyway and if you don't, Bushnell does back it with a money-back guarantee, plus I don't think you'll have a problem selling it on ebay.

Happy Shooting
"C"
tucansam View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 21:34
I appreciate the reply.  I have Strelok and Shooter on my phone, and a Kestrel with the Horus software on it. 

Do you know where I can order the scope with the Horus reticles?  All of the retailers I've looked at only sell the mildot and G2DRM versions.
hey_kuya View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hey_kuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 21:47
I bought mine from LaRue Tactical. The only dowside is that you have to buy it with a mount. It was the only way I can get this scope. But now I have best QD mount that money can buy if I ever needed one! When I purchsed the scope at the end of June they had 2 left. I would give call in the morning and see if they would sell you the scope only. My intension was to run the LaRue mount but it didn't play well with the rail of my Savage 10BA. I do have another gun I'll put it on though.

Hope this helped!

"C"
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 10:46
Originally posted by hey_kuya hey_kuya wrote:

I bought mine from LaRue Tactical. The only dowside is that you have to buy it with a mount. It was the only way I can get this scope. But now I have best QD mount that money can buy if I ever needed one! When I purchsed the scope at the end of June they had 2 left. I would give call in the morning and see if they would sell you the scope only. My intension was to run the LaRue mount but it didn't play well with the rail of my Savage 10BA. I do have another gun I'll put it on though.

Hope this helped!

"C"

If you mean to imply LaRue is the best QD mount money can buy, I gotta disagree with that.  I find that LaRue mounts do not do well with dismount/remount, they wander a bit more than other options like Bobro and American Defense.  If you look at the lockup mechanism, it ain't ideal.

Glad you like the scope, be wary of endorsing competitor's websight as it breaks the OT rules.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
tucansam View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 12:41
This is lame. 

I like SWFA, everyone I know likes SWFA, I've bought from them before, and would like to do so again.  Chris (and all) have always been good on this forum for all the years I've been posting.  Solid company run by solid people.

Not to say LaRue isn't; I've bought from Mark and he's as solid as they come.  And I will buy from him again.

Its lame, and I mean orders of magnitude lame, that some vendors get products and others don't.  The Bushnell Elite Tactical is a lineup... Why get some of the models but not others?

Why doesn't SWFA get all of Bushnell's lineup?  Is this by SWFA's choice, or by Bushnell's? 
hey_kuya View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hey_kuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 13:09
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Originally posted by hey_kuya hey_kuya wrote:

Hope this helped!

"C"

If you mean to imply LaRue is the best QD mount money can buy, I gotta disagree with that.  I find that LaRue mounts do not do well with dismount/remount, they wander a bit more than other options like Bobro and American Defense.  If you look at the lockup mechanism, it ain't ideal.

Glad you like the scope, be wary of endorsing competitor's websight as it breaks the OT rules.

WOW! Sorry guys as this is my first time being pulled over by the "Forum Police" LOL!!

I wasn't trying to endorse anybody websight or trying to break any of the OT Rules. I was just simply trying answer a question which was " Do you know where I can order the scope with the Horus reticles"?  I just simply gave him the answer of where I got mine that was "in stock" and didn't have to wait for a special order. 

Now to clear, if SWFA had the Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50 with the H59 reticle at the time I needed the scope, I would have bought it from SWFA as I buy all my scopes from SWFA. I was told that they did not carry it and I had to take advantage at another retailer. I'm not sure if anyone in my situation would have done this any differently. Plus I think we can all agree that trying to find this scope with the Horus H59 reticle that's "in stock" any where is difficult even now. 

As far the mount is concerned. That was my opinion "for me" as the mount was just a bi product of my scope purchase. I do value your opinion and I know AD mounts are great as well. But for this thread, this is about the Bushnell Elite 3.5-21X50 which I believe is the finest Bushnell scope made to date. once again, just my opinion.          

Cheers
"C"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 16:14
I am not forum police, just a humble user, but rules is rules.

tucansam View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 16:17
Before this thread sinks into the abyss and gets locked, does anyone know if/when SWFA will get the other Elite Tactical models?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 16:19
Have you called them?
tucansam View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 16:50
Not yet, if I get a chance today I will.  
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 20:31
Once you go Horus, you will never go back.  I love my HDMR w/H59 reticle.  It is currently on my LR-308 SASS.  Its a fine setup and I will probably buy another HDMR(now just called DMR) this fall.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic