OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

pentex rifle scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pentex rifle scope
    Posted: July/15/2012 at 12:49
has any one used a pentex gamester 11 rifle scope in 3x10x52 scope???Loco
Arthur
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 08:23
Hello awalbert, welcome to OT.
Pentax Gameseeker II scopes are pretty close to a Burris Fullfield II. They have repeatable adjustments and are known to be tough. They are a nice clear scope at their price.

Pentax is a very old Japanese optics company, well known for their fine cameras and binoculars. The original Gameseeker was a joint design and build effort between Pentax and Burris and I think the Gameseeker IIs are as well.

I have not used the scope you mention.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2012 at 05:46
I am assuming you mean gameseeker ii in your question. Pentax and burris have indeed been closely associated in the past on the market you will generally find 3 product lines in the pentax lineup. I will list them from highest to lowest with what I understand about them.

The top of the line is the Lightseeker which is produced for them by Burris and is a very fine scope and is set to compete with the likes of the leupold vx II and vx iii lines as well as the bushnell eliet and nikon monarch offerings.

The middle offering from pentax is the pioneer line. The original pioneer was again produced by burris and was pretty much their fulfield ii scope rebadged to say pentax. A couple of years ago the production was moved from burris to China and renamed the pioneer II and the reports for these scopes don't seem to reflect as well as the original offering made by Burris, I have two of the original pioneers and I like them very much

Finally the economy line from pentax is the gameseeker and it is made to compete with the budget lines from bushnell et al. These are made in China and when they first came out I ordered a 6x40 for a little 223 I had. The scope was clear enough etc but it was fairly large and heavy and I ended up sending it back because iI just didn't care for the ergonomics of the scope I can't comment on the durability and reliability part of it.

This is what I understand about the pentax products and if I'm off someone please chime in. I will close by saying I would be happy to use either the lightseeker and the original pioneer scopes on any rifle. The other two are imho me too products made in china for a price point and are pretty much just that.

longreach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 18:19
My Gameseeker II was not really a scope.  You could either focus on the target with blurry reticle or focus on the reticle with a blurry target.  Might make good tent peg hammers but certainly not a scope.
Close only counts in horse shoes.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 19:21
Originally posted by longreach longreach wrote:

My Gameseeker II was not really a scope.  You could either focus on the target with blurry reticle or focus on the reticle with a blurry target.  Might make good tent peg hammers but certainly not a scope.

Just how were you focusing this scope?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic