OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Condoleeza Rice for Veep?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Condoleeza Rice for Veep?
    Posted: July/13/2012 at 09:58
Who do you think would best help Romney defeat the incumbent?
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 10:10
Jessie Jackson?
The more I learn about the political choices we have , the more I want to throw up. No one in office or trying to get into office make any since for this country anymore.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 12:07
I do think Rice has a couple of drawbacks:
1) Tied to Bush
2) Her stance on abortion choice.

From another standpoint she's a smart cookie. Can you imagine her in a debate with Biden?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 12:33
I like Condy Rice for V.P.. She's not as pro-choice as many make her out to be, and if you listen to her stance on the issue, she makes good sense. I think she would help the ticket greatly. Unfortunately, I don't think she will accept the nomination, but she is pretty fired up about this election.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 12:58
Condi would be a good choice.  Ditto for Marco Rubio although he would probably draw too much attention to himself.

Personally, I find Condi to be a better choice.  She is a known quantity.  She is very capable and very non-controversial.  She is also going to support Mitt rather that draw all of the attention to herself.

ILya
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 19:03
I'm all for Rubio. He's young, fresh and a natural leader.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 19:34
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Jessie Jackson?
The more I learn about the political choices we have , the more I want to throw up. No one in office or trying to get into office make any since for this country anymore.

I've got to agree(except for the JJ part! Whacko).  I honestly can't say.  Maybe later on when the VP nomination  business gets more serious.
  As far as Marco Rubio goes I feel he can be of much more help to this country as a Senator right now. And as far as Condalezza Rice goes and way the Democraps have a way of turning things around they'd probably get away with playing the race card.  It's a shame as she is WELL qualified.  BUT maybe it's all immaterial as I read today somewhere that she's not interested.

Just IMHO of course.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 19:34
Another Condalisa Rice vote here. She impresses me very much! Not afraid to go against the grain and sees straight through the bull! 

I am 26, work hard, got a good job as a Paramedic and this country scares the crap out of me. What happened to work ethic and being held responsible for your actions. Americas  people/youth are being enabled and it NOT okay! . Our country is creating its own worst enemy. Free hand outs are a dime a dozen. Everyone that is unemployed thinks they are to good to work a mediocre job. I guess I cant blame them when its more profitable to sit at home on the couch and collect unemployment! (What happened to pride)  And we wonder why their are not many products manufactured in the US any more. Between lazy workers and ridiculous insurance requirements makes its cheaper to have things made half way around the world and shipped here! 

Where do you start in fixing this mess? Turning America back into an industrious country with a work ethic second to none other. I got some suggestions but prolly a little to radical. 
Here is few for example drug test everyone receiving gov assistance. (I receive random drug tests at my job and once they get a job make them pay back for the drug test)
No more unemployment extensions. (Then ther will come a point that if you dont work you dont eat)
Tighten up on the abuse of disability. 

I could go on and on.
Sorry for my rant I truly do Love this country just dont want it to be turn into another ROME. 

Dont take yourself to seriously
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 19:52
Jselsor, sounds like you have your head on pretty straight to me!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 21:02
It's definitely not gonna be Condoleeza Rice.  Romney reiterated today that he is definitely gonna have a pro life VP.  I do love listening to her debate people, though. 
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 21:17
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Jselsor, sounds like you have your head on pretty straight to me!

I am a product of my environment. I am blessed to have hard working, God fearing, honest parents that thought me that nothing is comes free in life. I just had my first son and I intend to raise him the same. Teach him to get his hands dirty and make things happen. I just hope he is not a minority in this country.

God help us.
Dont take yourself to seriously
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2012 at 22:20
I just hope he is not a minority in this country.
He already is. A kid with a Mom and a Dad.
Stay strong and keep lookin up!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 11:05

Christy of NJ,should be a person of interest.

+2 for Rubio
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 13:32
I think Romney ought to go with a Hispanic.  He's never goin to gain any of the Black vote.  Nelson Mandela could run with Romney and they still wouldn't budge the Black vote. 

I think he has got a chance of pulling some of the Hispanic vote, if he uses his head. 
Visit the Ed Show
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 14:30
"If at first you don't secede....try, try again." 

Hope the great state of Texas makes good on it's threat to secede. I'm moving in with Ed till I can get on my feet.
I'd be willing to be a paper boy in a FREE state.    

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 17:39
I'm in,me too me too.I'm comming Ed make way Big Grin
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 18:49

Another vote for Rice here. The economy is a wreck, foreign policy is in shambles and the Democratic Party, with Obama in charge, wants to bankrupt the white middle class into oblivion. She will give the U.S. renewed respect on the world front. Something we sure as hell don't have now.

Pro-lifers are in the spot light? Roe vs. Wade is the law of the land, agree with it or not. Since 1973 the religious right has been fighting this to the tune of not even allowing stem cell research. Why the hell they should have much stake in the V.P. selection is preposterous.

Doug
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 20:02
If we could get em to switch up we'd have a better chance. Make Romney the veep. If Rice has half the intergrity she displays she has the rest of em combined put to shame. She puts em to shame in IQ already.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2012 at 23:31
We need Michelle Malkin to run for President. 
Visit the Ed Show
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2012 at 06:19
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

We need Michelle Malkin to run for President. 

Now your talking Ed! Then have Allen West as the VP. Kick some Libtard azz!!!

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic