OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS 10X Illumination?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillJr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS 10X Illumination?
    Posted: July/07/2012 at 23:46
Do you think SWFA will every add illumination option for the SS 10x HD.

The only other scope in the SS HD 10x class is IOR's 10x and it has an illuminated option, but it is moa/mil setup.

Next step would be a USO.  Trying to keep the scope under $1K for this build.

As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley" - Gen. George S. Patton
KIMBER8400AT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 12:49
off the topic, but gotta say man;
righteous avatar.
Indian
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” J.G.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 15:14
Originally posted by KIMBER8400AT KIMBER8400AT wrote:

righteous avatar.
Indian

I'll ask you to take further commentary to the Almost Anything Goes forum, you can start a new thread there, but in what respect do you think it is a "righteous avatar".  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 16:00
if you insist on it, I'll explain.
As you know our government announced a war on terrorism, more so after 9/11.
If you look back to 1500s, that's how this land was exactly taken from the natives.  So my point is terrorism is a relative term.  Meaning, a group is claimed to be terrorist dependent upon the standing the opposite group has.  Example, Palestinian liberation army is a terrorist group to Israel, but a liberation army to Palestinians.  By the same token to Native Indians the European explorers were terrorist b/c they took the land by force and unmatched power.
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” J.G.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 16:16
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

righteous avatar.
Indian

I'll ask you to take further commentary to the Almost Anything Goes forum, you can start a new thread there, but in what respect do you think it is a "righteous avatar".  

are you saying to pay a member a compliment about his avatar, the member has to start a new thread?

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 16:31
Back on topic - No I dont think they will do illumination on the 10x HD scope it was built to spec for a particular U.S. Government Contract aparently they did not need that feature.  Illumination can be as much of a problem as a benefit. Electrical systems with battery power present problems in combat especially since odd battery sizes are more common than not. Note the Comp M4 uses one AA battery which you can find almost anywhere.  The idea of using multiple optics on one rifle like a 10x supplimented by a small illuminated red dot scope is more common than one would think.
If you need illumination consider the 5-20x50 with illumination.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 16:35
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Back on topic - No I dont think they will do illumination on the 10x HD scope it was built to spec for a particular U.S. Government Contract aparently they did not need that feature.  Illumination can be as much of a problem as a benefit. Electrical systems with battery power present problems in combat especially since odd battery sizes are more common than not. Note the Comp M4 uses one AA battery which you can find almost anywhere.  The idea of using multiple optics on one rifle like a 10x supplimented by a small illuminated red dot scope is more common than one would think.

do you happen to know the battery size for viper 6-24 pst, ffp, I couldn't find it in their manual.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 21:13

If you look back to 1500s, that's how this land was exactly taken from the natives.  So my point is terrorism is a relative term.  Meaning, a group is claimed to be terrorist dependent upon the standing the opposite group has.  Example, Palestinian liberation army is a terrorist group to Israel, but a liberation army to Palestinians.  By the same token to Native Indians the European explorers were terrorist b/c they took the land by force and unmatched power.
Several things are absolutely clear... you cannot understand and/or follow direction at all.  Your understanding of world history and affairs is only less than your understanding of American history and affairs.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 22:37

Several things are absolutely clear... you cannot understand and/or follow direction at all.  Your understanding of world history and affairs is only less than your understanding of American history and affairs.  

You have probably never been so wrong in your life, this is one of those times.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 22:41

righteous avatar.
Indian

As far as directions, or whatnot you can follow the above and I'll see you at the new thread!
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2012 at 11:21

do you happen to know the battery size for viper 6-24 pst, ffp, I couldn't find it in their manual.

Kimber, its the 2032.
Vortex Replacement Battery Vortex Replacement Battery
Stock # - CR2032
  • For Razor & Crossfire Riflescopes
  • For Aim Sports Scopes
$2.95
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2012 at 12:28
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Kimber, its the 2032.
<table width="100%">

<t>

I received my order of pst ffp 624x50 and it included the battery.
thanks for the info.

<t><tr><td class="img">Vortex Replacement Battery</td>
<td></td>
<td>[COLOR="#0066cc" size="3">Vortex Replacement Battery[/COLOR">

Stock # - CR2032

• For Razor & Crossfire Riflescopes

• For Aim Sports Scopes
</td>
<td>
$2.95
</td></tr>
</t></t>
</table>

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic