OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

LEUPOLD and REDFIELD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LEUPOLD and REDFIELD
    Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:04
Is REDFIELD part of LEUPOLD?
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” J.G.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:05
Yes.
-Matt
KIMBER8400AT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:17
Do u know since when?
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” J.G.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:18
April 2008.
-Matt
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:24
U think it's safe to infer that scopes produced afterwards would be LEUPOLD quality?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:25
The ones I have seen are quality scopes, and offer a lot of value.
-Matt
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 21:26
After the merge*
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 22:31
I was checking this one out, http://swfa.com/Redfield-3-9x52-Revenge-Rifle-Scope-P53108.aspx
but the reticle looks like a wire inside a glass and there is no info on SWFA to find out. 

Redfield 3-9x52 Revenge Rifle Scope
Just ordered Viper PST/FFP for my main rifle,
but looking for a second scope for my second one, the Russian Mosin Nagant :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 22:36
I believe they have wire reticles, if it matters to you.

Vortex Diamondbacks are also nice budget scopes.
-Matt
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 22:44
I'm looking at the specs, the only downside just by looking at the specs is the diameter of the tube it's 1".  I'm not sure if it's sufficient to withstand the recoil of Mosin.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2012 at 22:55
Originally posted by KIMBER8400AT KIMBER8400AT wrote:

I'm looking at the specs, the only downside just by looking at the specs is the diameter of the tube it's 1".  I'm not sure if it's sufficient to withstand the recoil of Mosin.

I would be confident with it.
-Matt
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2012 at 06:31
Originally posted by KIMBER8400AT KIMBER8400AT wrote:

Tube size really does not have anything to do with recoil resistance.

This scope has a pretty large objective bell.  Make sure that it can be mounted on your rifle and clear the rear sight.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic