OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for 300Wby Mag suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2012 at 21:57
jselsor,
is that a Kimber 8400 AT in your avatar?
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” J.G.
BobbyH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2012 at 14:56

I'll give the Vortex a second look, may try one out my Savage 308, the Night Force I have on it belongs to a friend of mine that needed cash. Promised him when he was back on his feet I would give back to him. So, I'm sure I will not have it by deer season.

jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2012 at 17:54
Originally posted by KIMBER8400AT KIMBER8400AT wrote:

jselsor,

No LOL it is a savage choate tactical $599 from cabelas. 

I would bet she will shoot as well as any kimber will thoughBig Grin  

Dont take yourself to seriously
KIMBER8400AT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2012 at 20:10
Originally posted by jselsor jselsor wrote:

Originally posted by KIMBER8400AT KIMBER8400AT wrote:

jselsor,

No LOL it is a savage choate tactical $599 from cabelas. 

I would bet she will shoot as well as any kimber will thoughBig Grin  

mine is sub MOASharp Shooter
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” J.G.
BobbyH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 12:57
Got a call this morning. YOUR RIFLE IS HERE.Big Smile Guess what, right gun wrong caliber.  Sad  
KIMBER8400AT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Vig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIMBER8400AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 13:35
You would think that they'd know the difference b/w calibers.
Does the paperwork state the correct caliber? If yes, IMO they were hoping you would get the other caliber.

When I ordered my first rifle it came in defective. After a few dry fires the metal plate fell off, had to cancel the order. Then decided to spend more and get kimber.
Make sure u inspect it very thouroughly.
BobbyH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2012 at 07:06
It was a 300 WIN Mag not 300 WBY Mag.  I considered it an easy mistake.  No big deal. Luckily a supplier has one and my local dealer said he would have it TODAYBig Smile
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2012 at 09:28
Personally, I would have tried to get some price relief on the 300 WM.  Cheaper cartridges and brass, and only about 150fps difference in factory loads.  Much cheaper in the long run, and the only difference is really whether you can get a TTSX to open at 750yds or 800yds.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic