OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rings/Base for an upcoming SS10X42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falconeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rings/Base for an upcoming SS10X42
    Posted: March/04/2006 at 22:04
Greets again folks.
I'm getting close to start madly ordering stuff for my 'wannabe sniper' set up.   Rifle wise I'm going with a Savage 10FP in .308.  Scope wise is the Super Sniper 10X42.  I'd LIKE to get the side focus, but I don't know if I can swing it after buying rings and mount.  I'd like to do a 20MOA base and rings.  But looking at some of the mounts I've seen names tossed around (Badger, etc) I don't know what I'm going to be able to afford.  What's the most inexpensive, but decent mounts and base I can get away with.  This rifle is going to be pure target, no field use, no banging around.  I don't want garbage that's going to let the scope get off zero, but I can't afford top of the line either.  Any help would be most appreciated.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2006 at 04:17

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/30606SAV/badger_ordnance _maximized_scope_1_piece_rail.htm

Here's a 20 MOA Badger rail. I have one.

Be advised, it's for a S/A with NO Accutrigger.

If your stick has a Accutrigger, there's another rail for that on the SWFA website. 

Well, I'm going to try to talk you into Badger rings.

Are there other alternatives?? Yes.

Are there "better" options? NO!

I know you stated that your stick is going to be a range queen, but I swap out scopes all the time. Scopes come and go, but I have a drawer full of rings for damn near anything made for a Sako M75

Badgers are a lifetime purchase.

Rifles and scopes can be bought and sold, but rings, (at least mine) seem to stay around. 

When you take scopes off to clean your rifle, it's always nice to be able to put the scope back on and never have the POI move.  

Many other benefits too.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Falconeer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falconeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2006 at 19:46
I'd love to do something like that, but I don't see any way I can spend that kind of money on the base and rings.  I'm already scraping the barrel to get the cash together for the rifle/scope.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2006 at 19:48
Try the Burris Zee rings....cheap skate.  Kidding, of course.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Falconeer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falconeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2006 at 19:59
Thanks kindly!  I'll look into them.

cd100 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2006 at 01:19

Check into Tacticalprecision .com

Excellent rings ,priced right.

They supply the military/police and have been out of stock on some items,but are moving into a bigger facility and this will improve.

Hope this helps,

Czech

Garrand View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2006 at 11:51
TPC's website shows them out of stock on everything Id use. and they dont answer thier phone.

Dang nice rings, If you can get them :-O
Islamofacists are nothing but Chicken shi'ites
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic