OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Price increase?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2012 at 19:16
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

They thought everyone would be like Davy Crockett and just LEAVE after a period of time.

If I remember my history correctly, Davey Crocket was defeated in an election by a candidate that Andrew Jackson supported. It seems that Davey Crocket went against Andrew Jackson on a bill to relocate an indian nation. Crocket was opposed to the bill and gave one of his greatest speaches in opposition to it. This infuriated Jackson, who was the archtitech of dirty Democrat politics, so he made sure that Crocket was defeated by a supporter of Jackson's. Crocket and Jackson supported each other when they were elected. However, Crocket put doing the right thing over politics, where Jackson put loyalty to him and the Democrat Party, over conviction to the people and the Constitution.
 Washington gave up power when he could have kept it for the good of the Nation.

At least that's the way I remember it.

Now back to prices.
Yep. Them dadburn Democrats have a long history of aiding and abetting human misery through government action.

He won twice as a democrat, was defeated when he lost favor with Jackson, was reelected as a Whig, and lost again in 1835.... telling congress "you can all go to hell and I'm going to Texas".  He became fed up with the lack of honor and attention to the Constitution... 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2012 at 09:03
Thanks Dan, that sounds about right.
It's a shame that we can't patriots like him in Congress now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2012 at 09:34
Alan, do you shoot highpower matches?
I know when I use the 1907 sling and a shooting coat, it's like shooting off a rest or better; very solid.

I've got a patrol rifle class coming up this fall, and I'm thinkng about a new rifle for the class. They prefer that we have standard triggers for durability, and liability reasons. I'd like to have a free float picatiny forearm for lights and to take care of sling tension. Rock River has a setup called the Operator that I like (light weight forearm), but it has a 2-stage match trigger. Just considering options right now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2012 at 10:42
Have only shot one high- power match so far- came in second- which doesn't mean anything.
I plan to start competing regularly in service rifle and am presently taking steps to do so. One thing I'm finding is that there are a great number of people who are glad to share what they know to help others improve, especially newbies like me.

That patrol rifle class sounds interesting and right up your alley. Keep us informed on that, if you please.

RRA is responsive enough that they might build an Operator with a standard trigger for you.
Their customer service is out of this world... not only have they answered all my questions in depth, they've gone beyond that and anticipated my next questions and answered them too, with a healthy dose of great to know info thrown in.

I won't mention any brand names, but there are customer services out there who are just saying anything, right or wrong,  to get you off the phone as fast as they can. I don't blame the Rep, it's the fault of the bean counters and the HR dweebs who micromanage the Reps and forget the service.

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic