OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Target Turrets on Conquest Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killertraylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Target Turrets on Conquest Line
    Posted: March/03/2006 at 20:02

I just ordered two new Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50mm scopes and they arrived today. I was surprised when I took them out of the box to see that they had target turrets installed. I have two of the 4.5-14x44mm scopes, and neither one has target turrets, so I didn't even think to check this out when I ordered. After seeing the turrets, I went to several different websites, and I believe this is the only way this particular scope comes. I've never used target turrets and both of these scopes are going on big game hunting rifles. Should I be concerned about them moving when I'm taking my rifles through the woods? Is there a way to lock them in place? Can they be removed and replaced with regular adjustments and caps?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2006 at 03:05

I think you need to keep the target turrets.

My only gripe with the Conquest line is that they have plastic turrets andcaps.

I have hunted in some pretty tough conditions with target knobs on my scope and never had them move. I keep a 100 yd zero on my stuff, so that when I'm moving through brush all I have to do is take quick look down and see if the knob is still set on zero. W/E both.

Nice scopes you have there. Enjoy!   

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Red-Team-98 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red-Team-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2013 at 14:29
Zeiss wil install hunting knobs for $80 each.

Shipping included
PostDriver View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PostDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 14:16
Your concern about the turrets (the elevation at least) is well founded.Zeiss and had it changed to a #4
I have a 4.5-14 that came with a fine crosshair.  I sent it back to Zeiss and had it changed to a #4 and added the elevation turret.  It doesn't have a zero stop and in putting it in and taking it out of a saddle scabbard allowed the turret to move a lot.  I thought I knew to check it each time but the time I really needed it I didn't know that it was a full turn off!  That cost me a very large elk in NM, and until I got back to camp and checked it I didn't know it had turned a full turn and was off by 18" at 100 yd!  Got my elk later but not the huge one :) .  A judicious use of electrical tape solved the problem but also rendered the turret inoperative.  A zero stop would have avoided that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic