OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

22 cal 100 yard scope?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicXCguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22 cal 100 yard scope?
    Posted: June/18/2012 at 16:42
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a scope that will comfortably do up to 100 yards on 22 cal Ruger 10/22. Whats your recommendations. I'd like to easily see the 100 yard target.

PS I'm a scope spec newbie.

Thanks in Advance
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2012 at 16:44
Just targets or hunting also?  Literally thousands of scopes would fit your criteria with the information you posted.  Biggest factor to consider for your use is budget, but there are some great scopes for rimfires that can be had for a decent price from the folks that run this site.  One decent one was reviewed in the most recent post before yours.  Lots of good info around here to be gained just by using the search function and browsing the various forums.  See the thread here:  http://www.opticstalk.com/vortex-crossfire-ii-27x-32-rimfire_topic33191.html

Welcome to the OT, by the way.  You came to the right place for optics knowledge.

Deck
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2012 at 17:53
Howdy VicXCguy and welcome to the forum.

Kruger Optical makes some highly regarded binoculars. I don't know much about their scopes other than they are a US company with engineering here and mfg. in the Pacific rim/China, much like - well- just about all US mfgs.

Besides what's been linked, here are a couple of interesting choices:

http://swfa.com/Kruger-2-8x32-K4-Rifle-Scope-P46872.aspx 

http://swfa.com/Kruger-4-16x40-K4-Rifle-Scope-P46875.aspx 

Don't forget the little Weaver .22 scopes which are highly regarded. SWFA carries several interesting .22 scopes such as the Sightron S1, a couple by Leupold, Swift, Konus, and others.
The Sightron and Leupolds are also highly regarded, but don't know much about the others.

Just about any scope will work for a .22 as long as it has parallax set for 50 yds, or adjustable parallax, which isn't something you need be concerned much about on lower power scopes.
Scopes for center fire rifles usually have parallax set at 100 yds.

Here's more about parallax: http://www.opticstalk.com/what-exactly-is-parallax-anyway_topic5026.html

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
VicXCguy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicXCguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 10:01
Thanks Big time Guys!!I did some searching and there was SO much info it was overwhelming LOL!!

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 11:51
If all you want to do is  - daylight - shoot paper at 100 yds Id put a 20x SS on it.
SWFA SS 20x42 Tactical Riflescope SWFA SS 20x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS20X42MQ
  • Matte Finish
  • Patented Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm Tube
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
$299.95 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 11:51
I have always preferred the (two ta ) scopes for a .22. With shots ranging from very close to over 100 yds the  2-7, 2-8, 2-10. have always worked best for me. Hard to be too close at 2X and 7-10 work well for the longer shots. This Kruger 2-8 is new to me, but I find it very interesting. Kruger has a loyal following for better than average glass in the binocular field.
   Allen thanks for this find. I will be trying this one out.
Lile
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 13:53
Need correction to my previous post... Kruger Optical builds their scopes in Oregon with some components outsourced to Pacific rim/China... as per Kruger website and as confirmed by OT member Klamath.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 14:05
Check out the Minox Z5 4-20x50 on the Sample list & Welcome to the OT!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 15:55
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Need correction to my previous post... Kruger Optical builds their scopes in Oregon with some components outsourced to Pacific rim/China... as per Kruger website and as confirmed by OT member Klamath.
Just to add a bit here.  The glass used in Kruger Optics comes from Pacific Rim Optical.  Pacific Rim Optical is owned by Kruger.  Kruger also owns an asembly factory in China too.  They really only outsource minor parts.  They build lots of things for other places, notably Cabela's...to name one.

I've watched them assemble scopes at their facility in Sisters, Oregon  (a really mind blowing place for me to see an optics facility Shocked).  Kind of a touristy bed & breakfast sort of town.

Just looking at those scopes gives a pretty favorable impression, but while I have Kruger binoculars, not a scope yet.

I second the notion of a 2-7 or 8x too.  low magnification defines ground squirrels tha pop up close and 7-8x is fine for those longer pokes.

I have a Vortex Crossfire  II 2-7x 32 Rimfire I like a lot.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic