OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Blunder Over Looneyville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blunder Over Looneyville
    Posted: June/14/2012 at 11:04
I have had some of these pictures for a couple of years, and some from the last show. I tried to post them in the Ed Show's History of Aviation, but apparently they were not in the order he wanted, and heReally Sad Since I don't want to die of old age before he needs them, I decided to start my own thread here.
Blunder Over Looneyville, (as it is called by those of us who had to work crowd and/or traffic control) is an Air Show, and a Fireworks Show (the largest in the world, I'm told). It is the opening of the Kentucky Derby Festival, which is 2 weeks long and ends the night of The Kentucky Derby.
While I haven't had a chance to be near the show itself for many years, I have been able to get a few pictures at one of the three airports used for the show.
So, for your enjoyment, ON WITH THE SHOW.
The F-16, and the F-15s were taken on the KyANG ramp.

Edited by BeltFed - June/14/2012 at 14:58
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 11:10
The B-1B is parked on a taxi way with the UPS hub in the background. If you ship or recieve a package by UPS it comes through here.
The OV-22 Osprey is parked on Atlantic Aviations ramp. They service general aviation, and fuel all the airlines here. A bigtime movie producer often hangers his buisness jet in one of the hangers in the background.
The P-51D Mustang is also parked at Atlantic.

Edited by BeltFed - June/14/2012 at 15:06
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 11:30
Excellent
Keep em' coming!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 12:03
The F-4E I believe is privately owned. It and the Tornado are parked on the KyANG ramp.
The Harrier II is coming in for a landing. It wasn't moving very fast at the time, and if you look below it, you can see the exhaust blowing downward. It is also a 2 seater.

Edited by BeltFed - June/14/2012 at 15:25
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 12:08
Big Grin
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 12:14
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 12:19
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 12:37
I have more, but they are at home. Some were taken on a crappy evening and didn't turn out to well, but some I just didn't send myself because of time (at least I hope I didn't lose them), and some were taken through a fence or had other flaws.
If your a BUFF lover, I have some good pic.s of one parked across from UPS's hub.
I tried like heck to get a pic of the F-22, but it truely is a stealth fighter. Everytime I saw it, I didn't have a camera. The day of the show it put on a little show in the holding area where we were preparing our helos' for the show, but my camera was 2 soccer, and 1 baseball field away. It is an amazing fighter, it would turn 180* in it's own length. It would have been great if I could have taken a picture of it in afterburner in a turn; it was cool.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 12:42
Here's some from the Ed Show.
That's all for now. If you want more, let me know.
C-17 anyone?
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 13:50
Very cool pics! Thanks.Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 22:50
Great Pics ...Thanks Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 23:16
Great pics!!  Love aircraft and air shows.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 23:43
So cool!

Love them all, but the Corsair, the Mustang, and the F4's the most. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2012 at 23:56
 I also love them all...But the B-1 sure is a prudy girl! That big girl doing Mach 1 at less than 100 foot off the deck...Yippee I can not imagine a better e-ticket ride! 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2012 at 07:17
F/A-18, MACH 1.5, 25 feet off the water...

If you like excitement, it will make your blood boil...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2012 at 09:35
Would love to see that.  The F/A-18 is one of my favorites.  I watched the Blue Angels a lot in Pensacola, and at the beach show one would fly so low as to create his own wake.  Had to pull up for the pier.  I would love a ride in one.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2012 at 10:09
Helo, I'll have to post the pics of our American Flag operation. This was our last show (I think), but we fly 2 very large American Flags in the air show box just before the fireworks start. That's why I haven't seen either show in years (17+).
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2012 at 10:15
I would love to see those pictures.  In fact, I would love to come to one of the shows to see it in person.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2012 at 10:18
Some of the heavy weights.

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2012 at 10:25
That B-52 is a big plane, but it looks small next to a C-5.  It was cool to get to go up in the cockpit of a C-5.  I think I could land a helicopter in that cockpit it had so much room.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic