OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss HT scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss HT scopes
    Posted: June/09/2012 at 08:42
Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Victory HT vs the FL scopes yet.I know the HT was being shipped this month but I thought a reviewer might have gotten their hands on an advanced scope?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2012 at 03:34
Victory FL and HT are not really meant for the same type of users. From what I have seen HT are great scopes and one of the best choices for hunting. I have compared HT 2.5-10x50 vs Z6i 2.5-15x56 vs S&B Zenith 2.5-10x56 and can say that  on the eye  HT has best low light performance . The only minus in my opinion is a barley noticeable tunnel effect on 2.5x compared to S&B.  
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2012 at 14:01
 I have the 4-16 FL rifle scope & I also have FL bino's so I've really come to like the FL line but I did hear that the HT were brighter.Thanks for your input.

I also use a S&B Zenith FD#9  3-12x50 & I've heard this before about the tunneling,but I just don,t see it probably my old eyes are just not that sharp any longer Sad
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2012 at 23:01
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Victory HT vs the FL scopes yet.I know the HT was being shipped this month but I thought a reviewer might have gotten their hands on an advanced scope?

The FL Diavari scopes are for long range hunting and long range shooting. They are indeed very bright with great resolution for long range hunting & shooting 400-1,000 yards.

The new HT scopes are maingly for general purpose hunting in extremely low light. Like for instance here in SC we can legally hunting 1 hour past sunset and it gets very dark. If I'm not mistake I also believe we can hunt pigs at night over bait. These are what the HTs are for.
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 01:09

I have the 4-16 FL rifle scope & I also have FL bino's so I've really come to like the FL line but I did hear that the HT were brighter.Thanks for your input.

I also use a S&B Zenith FD#9  3-12x50 & I've heard this before about the tunneling,but I just don,t see it probably my old eyes are just not that sharp any longer Sad

S&B Zenith has no tunneling, Victory HS has some. ;) 

And yes the HT scopes are one of the brightest on the market and especially intended for low light use. 

Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 09:34
Originally posted by De_Tomaso De_Tomaso wrote:

S&B Zenith has no tunneling, Victory HS has some. ;) 

And yes the HT scopes are one of the brightest on the market and especially intended for low light use. 

I can't imagine the scopes being better. Wow!!!! I bought a Victory 3-12x56 from here back in 2001 and that scope is my late season go to rifle when the deer move very late & move in the field between 45-60 minutes past sunset. That 6-24x72 should be illegal Big Grin.

I may have to start saving up again for another 3x12.Big Grin

1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2012 at 08:28
I have been using a 2.5-10x50 HT for low-light/night hog hunting now for over a month. It it hands down the brightest scope I have ever used, very slightly better than my Trijicon 2.5-19x56 which is a LOT heavier. After dark I attach my AN-PVS22 and dial it down to 4 or 5x and it appears to be just as good of a NV optic as my D740. My only two complaints on it is that I would like it to have thicker crosshairs and obviously the price. Overall this is probably the best scope I have ever owned for the type of hunting I do. However Leupold just sent me the latest VX-3 3.5-10x50 Illum and it is also VERY nice...................... 
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2012 at 18:55
Thanks for the added input,every little bit helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic