OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Video of the Jeep.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video of the Jeep.
    Posted: May/21/2012 at 20:43
Check it out guys, let me know what y'all think!

You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2012 at 21:16
I love it Mike, it's got the 304 in it which is great. Is your intent to completey restore it?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2012 at 21:19
I'm not going to full on restore this one, but I want this one to have a solid tub. This will be my learner Jeep, one that I'll take off-road and learn how to break and fix stuff on. But I do plan on making this one alot nicer.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

Thundey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thundey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 21:29
Sounds real similar to my old 78 CJ5, love it! You might consider looking around for a replacement tub for that though.  You can also use the tub from a YJ wrangler if you have a hard time finding one from an actual CJ.  Probably be easier and cheaper than repairing all of the rust spots. (not that they're all that bad, as I've seen far worse)  
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2012 at 22:55
just cut out all the bad and weld in new, and POR 15 the whole thing. and put some low slung sliders on, due to the exhaust. i'd re gear it to 4.56/4.88ish. but thats a nice jeep.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2012 at 14:34

LOTS of good stuff on it already. That's for sure.  One thing about the CJ's is they're designed to be taken apart so have at it.   Big Grin   As far as the body goes,panel and floor rust is one thing,but how are the body mounts?  

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2012 at 15:35
Looks like it has lots of charater already,why change her,she's already perdyYippee
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2012 at 21:45
Nice Jeep mike, if it was me and I was going to go run it on some trails and such... I would just fix the essential stuff, like front floor boards, and that bad spot where the roll cage hooks through.  Heck I probably would just scab that stuff in and hit it with some good rustoleum and call it good... give you some time to save up for a tubb in better shape, but I'm not a jeep guy either so just take it with a grain of salt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic