OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Prime delivery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prime delivery
    Posted: May/18/2012 at 20:32
We're approaching the shipping date. Has any body heard if they are to be delivered when they said?
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2012 at 11:16
The last I heard from Charles was about a week and a half ago. He was headed over to their plant to supervize the shipment of the first round of Prime HDs. He did post something in the last week or so about the ED2 spotting scope receiving the Editor's Choice Award for Field and Stream if I am not mistaken. Haven't heard anything since.
Frank
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2012 at 20:18
All Prime pre order customers have or will soon get an email saying there is a delay.  This has not gone real smooth and we have two options here.  First is be mad or second, give ZR credit for sticking to its QC guns and refusing to accept substandard items from sub suppliers.  In this case it is a supplier of a critical element who suddenly had to have a bigger order for its parts, and needed more time to come up to quality ZR needs from this critical part.  There is a bunch of mostly ready to go Primes waiting for the part.   The delay I think will be two or maybe three weeks. 
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

mtman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mtman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 08:34
Has anyone recieved this email yet?  Original ship date is tomorrow, and I have yet to recieve an email saying it won't ship tomorrow.
BruceH View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2012 at 14:25
mtman....I received an e-mail from Zen-Ray yesterday (May 24th) announcing the delay. 

Basically it apologized for the delay, briefly described the parts issue and said the new ship date is July 5th, 2012. 

Zen-Ray has just updated their website showing the new July 5th ship date. 

Charles of Zen-Ray posted on another forum yesterday that they will be shipping a limited number of the new Primes something during the next two weeks to those who signed up very early in the process.  

If you have not received an e-mail and ordered when first available, maybe that means you are one of the folks getting a shipment in the next couple of weeks.  Your guess is as good as mine.  If that is the case, please post a reiew for the rest of us!

mtman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2012 at 21:28
Nope. Not lucky enough. I got the email the 24th also. I'll "patiently" wait for July 5th as well.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2012 at 12:40
There is an outside chance I'll have a Prime 10x42 today.  If not today, it should be tomorrow.  If not by tomorrow I'll succumb to despair  Big Smile.  I will post as I have a chance.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

ccd3 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2012 at 16:00
Don't tease us!!Big Smile
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2012 at 16:16
The postal service always messes with me Big Smile.  They did not get here today so I have to hope for tomorrow.  I have had these ordered since 6 months before there was even a hint of news on forums about them, so I suppose waiting for them has become second nature for me by now.
Steve

ccd3 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2012 at 17:07
Its upposed to be delivery time again!   Any word if it will happen ?
BruceH View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2012 at 03:01
This is being discussed on another forum. 

The Prime's are expected to be received by Zen-Ray no later than July 5th, assuming no delays in Customs or Holiday delays.  As is their procedure, Zen-Ray will then each unit before filling the order.  Each order will be filled in the sequence received.  If things go as planned, I am hoping to receive my order sometime next week.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic