OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Scope Replacement Turret Caps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojack2575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Scope Replacement Turret Caps
    Posted: May/15/2012 at 12:15
Hi all I haven't posted here much even though I joined this forum a while ago, but I have bought quite a few scopes from SWFA.

Anyways I bought a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50SF a while back love the scope and ordered the custom elevation turret for it for my hunting load that I use. Got the custom turret in the mail looks great, but the only problem is they didn't send me a high profile turret cap along with it, I guess I don't really have to have a cap, but it sure would be nice I cant find anywhere that sells just the replacement caps separately I don't need the whole $70.00 high profile turret kit just the high profile turret elevation cap.

Anyone know of a source that I can get one?

Thanks for any help!
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 12:19
Have you talked with Nikon? Or who ever you purchased your custom elevation turret from?
bojack2575 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojack2575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 12:28
Yes I talked to a guy from the Nikon custom turret program and he said that in the future they are going to include the extra cap, as of now they aren't and I needed to to call Nikon Corporate. Called them and the lady that answered the phone didn't even know what a turret was, had no idea what I was talking about had me on hold forever I got frustrated and hung up.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 13:29
thats why i don't buy nikon or bushnell
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojack2575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 14:40
Look there CS may not be the best in the world, but for the money it's hard to beat a Nikon even if I have to buy the $70.00 doller high profile turret kit I will still be way under what a comparable scope would cost from any other scope maker.
MONARCH311 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONARCH311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 15:38
Good afternoon,
If you send me a PM with your address i can get one sent out to you. I am a long time lurker on the forum that just happens to work for Nikon.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 17:31
Monarch311 Welcome to the OT. Howdy Thanks for stepping in and helping Bojack2575. Excellent It is always nice to know we have the attention of the Manufacturers. I hope you have a long and informative stay. Wink
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojack2575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 18:51

So I called Nikon again today with no luck, emailed them my frustrations and then I got the email from Monarch311 saying he could send me one to PM my info, so I was in the middle of that and Nikon customer service called me back and apologized for the runaround and they said they would send me one.

So bottom line thank you to Monarch311 for willing to step in and help me out and thank you to Nikon for stepping up and doing the right thing.......Customer service does still exist!!Yippee
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 19:05
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Monarch311 Welcome to the OT. Howdy Thanks for stepping in and helping Bojack2575. Excellent It is always nice to know we have the attention of the Manufacturers. I hope you have a long and informative stay. Wink

+1
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 07:34
Another +1. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojack2575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2012 at 08:43
Just wanted to update and let people know about the excellent customer service I received from Jon LaCorte of Nikon. Mr. LaCorte called me on the phone and apologize for my getting the run around on my previous attempts to resolve my problem with Nikon and if I were to email him my info that he would see to it that I was sent a high profile turret cap.

Well yesterday I received a box from UPS from Nikon with not only the high profile turret cap, but also a really nice Nikon lens cleaning kit and Nikon Spot On Ballistic Software. I cant thank Mr. LaCorte and Nikon enough for stepping up and exceeding the customer service I expected.  

Paul Hayden
elkhunter1983 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elkhunter1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 11:33
bojack2575, do you happen to have the guys direct number? I have been searching everywhere for just a normal cap for a 3-9X40 monarch. I called Nikon and was told that there are none available even though the scope is still manufactured the parts department has none and wanted me to send the scope in for a repair so I can pay labor to screw on a cap that does not exist. What a bunch of garbage. I would even take a tall cap for a turret as long as my adjustments are protected.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bojack2575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2012 at 03:56
His name is Jon B. LaCorte he was very helpful maybe he can help you don't have his number, but here is his direct email.......

jlacorte@nikon.net

Hope this helps,

Paul
cholder777 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cholder777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2014 at 20:33
I just sent Monarch311 a PM to get a cap. I have a prostaff 3X9X50 and lost the cap. Cant find one anywhere! Keepin my fingers crossed! Thanks everyone.
Shaun55 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2019 at 03:57
please sir, help me. I’ve tried to get caps for the last 3 years and they always send me the wrong thing
Shaun55 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2019 at 03:57
please sir, help me. I’ve tried to get caps for the last 3 years and they always send me the wrong thing.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2019 at 11:14
This is a very old thread and I doubt that anyone working from Nikon is still on here.

ILya
bongowi View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bongowi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2022 at 14:36
Good afternoon i came across your post  im lookibg for a turret cap for a nikon monarch 2.5-10 x 42 scope
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic