OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper inbound!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2006 at 18:23

Cheaptrick,

Dude you have been on this fourm since god was a cpl, I cant believe your just getting a SS.

Just kidding. Guess we'll have to send you some lawyers, guns, and money.

Youve got the BO base and rings, now your 700 needs Marty's detach mags system. I finally broke down and got the long action version, it was well woth the wait.

Take it easy brother.

Joe

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 00:35

Joe:

I can't believe "The Warden" made me wait so long to get one either!

$300 for a scope of this quality makes me feel like I stole it.

Hell, even she thinks I got a great scope for the money!!

How's bidness??

I see you been turning out some great looking sticks. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 10:19

Cheaptrick,

Those are some great scopes especially for the price. They are clear, track, and are rugged what more can you ask for. Post how she dose on the box test, mine have all tracked even with my MK IV's.

Business is good which means not a lot of time for shooting lately. I did take the 300 out after I got the BO mag system, man is that thing sweet! 5 rds of 300 winny in a detach mag, you gotta love it

Did you see that .308 AR I posted a photo of? With factory match ammo its a 1/2 moa gun, gauranteed. I think it is going from a "I'd like to have" to a "I need". I shot George's personal one and it shot like a laser.

Well I just sat down to reply to email's, gotta get back ot the shop now. Congrats on the new set up.

Joe

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2006 at 13:59

"Did you see that .308 AR I posted a photo of? With factory match ammo its a 1/2 moa gun, gauranteed. I think it is going from a "I'd like to have" to a "I need". I shot George's personal one and it shot like a laser."

Joe

[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for the photo (can't find it)- I'm reading GAPrecision  .308  Precision AR-10 http://www.gaprecision.net/content/ar10.php

Need - may not be a strong enough word.  Makes me want to drive down to Kansas City right now. I can't believe the semi auto is also 1/2 moa guaranteed also. I've been drooling on the computer screen looking at GAP and Tac Ops guns for the last month. I want a rifle that will stay on the target from 600 to 1000yds but 3 to 4 rounds just isn't enough magazine capacity. Then add some of your digital finish MirageFlage pattern colors; stone, tigerstripe brown, tigerstripe green  or in MARPAT.

Oh  Yea -- Thats what I'm talking about!!!

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2006 at 15:04

For about half the money, get basically the same gun from DPMS, the Panther LR-308. http://www.dpmsinc.com/308_series.asp I've talked to and emailed the guys there and they say 5/8" @ 100 with the right ammo for any of their guns

Edited by Charlie70
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2006 at 17:43
Originally posted by Charlie70 Charlie70 wrote:

For about half the money, get basically the same gun from DPMS, the Panther LR-308. http://www.dpmsinc.com/308_series.asp I've talked to and emailed the guys there and they say 5/8" @ 100 with the right ammo for any of their guns

Brother,

I have shot both and there is no comparison between the GAP built guns & factory built guns. I shot a GAP rifle side by side with the new DPMS LRT-SASS the GAP rifle was noticeably better, shot tighter and more consistent groups. The only stock thing on these rifles is the shell of the receivers.

Dont get me wrong DPMS makes a great gun, my 5.56's are DPMS (except for the barrels). But they are not custom built rifles and should not be expected to perform to the same level.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2006 at 22:22

Sorry Charlie70

You aren't comparing apples to apples. GAPrecision and Tac Ops build the tightest shoothing tactical rifles in the world bar none. The only thing that comes close is the Tubb 2000 from McBros/Creedmore and it's more of a target gun. If you are looking for a 1/4 inch group at 100yds look no further. What it translates into is a tactical rifle that will do the job the first time at 1000 yds so long as you read the wind and do the math right.

These are as good as it gets.

http://www.tacticaloperations.com/

http://www.gaprecision.net/     ............................ http://www.gaprecision.net/content/testim.php

http://www.mcbrosrifles.com/Rifles.htm

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic