OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Election??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Election??????
    Posted: May/10/2012 at 11:12
What are the chances of Obama getting re-elected?

I heard that he is currently an overwhelming favorate.

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 12:34
It may come down to if he declares himself the winner with a presidential decree or if the votes are actually counted. The citizens of the United States will lose no matter which way it goes.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 13:14
I do not know whether he is an overwhelming favourite, but an incumbent president is usually a favourite to keep his seat.

Ilya
military View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 13:19
With his latest endeaver in same sex marriage, it might be almost certain he has Liberal votes. 

I am wondering what was his real intention to be the first president to approve the same sex marriage.

It sure was a great timing though. Right around the election.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 13:20
Next he will release all the US oil reserves to try and lower gas prices in hopes of more votes.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 13:37
EVERYTHING Zero does is geared towards his re-election. Whatever
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
military View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 13:47
One thing for sure, the Wall St. will cheer his re-election.

Market has jumped nicely since Obama took over.
I suppose we will find out how far Feds will go to prop this economy up.

Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 13:58
I'm hoping we see a Jimmah re-election repeat...
In other words, a complete blowout.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 14:12
Originally posted by military military wrote:

Funny, most investors I know have lost their shirt. Buy bullets the price of those are going to soar soon.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
military View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 15:00
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Funny, most investors I know have lost their shirt. Buy bullets the price of those are going to soar soon.

Most of 401K holders did rather well. How can the market not go up when there is a trillion dollars of free money being pumped into the economy? The problem is that the monetary easing of this magnitude will not go away quietly.

As for the price of ammo, I am not sure if there will be another surge as we have experienced around the last election. I realize that there is massive hoarding in the process, but soon as people realize there are no shoratages of ammo, things will go back to normal. At least, that is what I hope for.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 15:34

Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Most of 401K holders did rather well. How can the market not go up when there is a trillion dollars of free money being pumped into the economy? The problem is that the monetary easing of this magnitude will not go away quietly.

As for the price of ammo, I am not sure if there will be another surge as we have experienced around the last election. I realize that there is massive hoarding in the process, but soon as people realize there are no shoratages of ammo, things will go back to normal. At least, that is what I hope for.

I have heard through the grapevine the military is scrounging up all of the 5.56 ammo they can get like they did before Operation Iraqi Freedom.
This is going to drive cost of that up wont it?
Dillon@SWFA.com
military View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 16:27
If that was the case, the ammo price will certainly move up, but is that the fact or just rumor?

I have not heard or read anything to substantiate the story.

Will it be possible that US Military is preparing for Iranian conflict to break out in the near future?
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 16:37

If that was the case, the ammo price will certainly move up, but is that the fact or just rumor?

Will it be possible that US Military is preparing for Iranian conflict to break out in the near future?

At this point, it is rumor but the guys I am hearing this from are reliable and have there finger on the pulse of this industry.

It is a definite possibility that we are gearing up for something but its hard to say at this point.
With everything going on like North Korea's missile testing it could be a lot of things.
Dillon@SWFA.com
military View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 08:14
Originally posted by dillon_h dillon_h wrote:

At this point, it is rumor but the guys I am hearing this from are reliable and have there finger on the pulse of this industry.

It is a definite possibility that we are gearing up for something but its hard to say at this point.
With everything going on like North Korea's missile testing it could be a lot of things.

This is the latest on the 5.56mm ammo shortage.

"That's what they shoot in their M4/M16 rifles. They probably just bought bulk so they got a better deal. They surely used up a lot of stored ammo reserves in the middle East and its training."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic