OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage 10- FCP-K .308

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage 10- FCP-K .308
    Posted: September/29/2012 at 09:37
Sounds good, but ...

No Pics
-Matt
stoneheaver View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoneheaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2012 at 08:38
Haven't been on in awhile but thanks for all the good advice!  I ended up going with a SWFA 10x42 Scope and the EGW mount for my Savage 10 FCP-K.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 07:54

hey another NC fella,  Cheap, we are growing! lol

I think Shenko is right, the mount your going to get is purposely built for an AR.  You'll want regular rings to mount that scope a close to the barrel of your savage as possible.  I'm a huge fan of TPS products, their bases and rings are very good and are equally affordable. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 12:42
If I'm not mistaken, that Nikon mount is for an AR, and is not what you want for a bolt action. Too high.

The EGW rail is fine, but you need regular rings to go with it, like maybe Warne Maxima lows, or Burris XTR lows. And you don't need a 20moa cant unless you're planning on zeroing the scope at over 600 yards or so.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoneheaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 12:20
ok, great - Thanks  again, thank for the help!

billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 11:00
Yes, get the flat rail if the mount has a built in cant. I wasn't aware that the mount had any.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoneheaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 10:42
One more thing...Would I not want the 0 MOA model of the

EGW HD Picatinny Rail 1 Piece Scope Mount

http://swfa.com/EGW-HD-Picatinny-Rail-1-Piece-Scope-Mount-P45927.aspx

This above mentioned rail is 20 MOA.  The Scope mount that comes with my scope is already 20 MOA, so would it not need to be mounted on the 0 MOA Picatinny Rail?  Thanks!

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoneheaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 10:18
Looks exactly wht I was looking for - Thanks billyburl2!  I appreciate the help.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 09:34
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoneheaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 08:42
Thanks for the quick reply.  Ok, Sorry for the unclear post.  Since my new rifle is tapped for a scope, but does not have Picatinny rails on it...I will need either a scope mount that can be mounted directly to my rifle or buy a Picatinny base, so the scope mount that comes with my scope, that connects to a picatinny rail system will fit.  Hope that make sense :)
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 08:32
Welcome to Optics Talk, fellow North Carolinian. 

I haven't had my minimum 5 cup of coffee quota yet, so I'm not sure I understand your question fully. 

Are you looking for rings and a 1 piece Picatinny rail for your Savage or what? The mount that comes with the scope mount, as you indicated, but I'm not sure what mount that is.  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoneheaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 08:02
Just purchased a Savagearms  10-FCP-K .308 Bolt Action rifle.  I have preordered the Nikon M-308  4-16x42 BDC 800 Scope.  I comes with a scope mount for a Pic Rail, but I need one for my rifle that does not have the pic rails.  Any suggestions on a mount or maybe a pic rail foundation mount so I can use the scope mount that will come with my Nikon Scope (M-223 XR).  Thanks!

Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC800

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic