OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Boxing...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boxing...
    Posted: June/14/2012 at 07:37
Its called a conspiracy.... money exchanged hands somewhere....

there are aready theories that Mayweather had his hand in it because he was actually scared of a fight with Pacquiao and wanted to bring down the draw of him.  Figured if he lost more would want to see Brandly and he fight than he and Manny..... again just a theory but with the money the man has its possible.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 19:55
I don't believe there was any "karma" there.  Pacquiao threw almost 150 more punches than Marquez and landed about 15% more power punches.  To beat a champion you have to outscore significantly or knock him out, you have to CONTROL the fight.  Marquez did not control the fight, did not outscore... how would he legitimately win?

Edited by Kickboxer - June/13/2012 at 20:53
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2012 at 18:58
karma for marquez outcome(s)...

agreed, yesterday's decision was tragic.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2012 at 17:44
Pathetic outcome.
Doug
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2012 at 15:44
I didn't watch the Pacquiao/Bradley fight... almost unheard of in my house... to turn down watching a championship fight with one very good and one great boxer.  I told my wife I had a bad feeling about this fight... it turned out right.  ONCE AGAIN boxing has demeaned itself and established a new low in sports.  I've seen the outtakes and read the reviews and it is clear to me, Manny WON.  I may never watch this fight... I hate seeing great fighters get robbed.  I hate seeing the sport I love, second only to kickboxing, slime itself over and over and over.  It is why viewership is way down, it is why people are losing interest and losing respect for the "sweet science".  
It is a CRIME and someone REALLY should be brought to justice... 

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Jerry Stiller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Stiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2012 at 07:50
Boxing is an awesome game from small days I wanted to be a boxer and still I haven't but I will for sure.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 10:20
Even with that, when I watch any of these fights, the boxers have much faster hand speed. If it was a straight up boxing match I think a UFC fighter whould not last long.
I try watching UFC, but they all seem to have similar styles. Most fight from the crouch and are brawlers.  I still like it when an upright boxer who uses jabs and cross punches matches up with a croucher who uses upper cuts. But the good old days seem so far away, especially in the heavyweight division.
Doug
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 23:52
I must say, I am terribly disappointed.  Just watched both Mosley/Alvarez and Cotto/Mayweather.  Though good fights, they were certainly not GREAT fights.  I'm tired of everyone in boxing right now, not a lot of reall talent, not a lot of real heart.  I just became a UFC fan.  Though I have not seen anything I would classify as GREAT in UFC, there are a lot more really good fights than in boxing right now. 
Certainly, money is a motivator, but when it's all about the money, it just isn't very good...

Poor performances...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic