OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Finally got a SS 3-9x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally got a SS 3-9x42
    Posted: April/28/2012 at 17:23
Hello all. 

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now reading reviews and trying to learn more about the different aspects of long range shooting, optics and such. After lots of reading and saving my bones i finally decided on a  SS 3-9x42 scope for my AR.

Making a choice on a scope can be nerve racking to say the least. There were a few that were in my budget and i could not make up my mind. I was very excited to find out SWFA was only a 1 hour drive for me. 

I arrived and a nice guy named Chris helped me out. I got to check out the new 5-20 SS  (which i think is an amazing scope) and the 1-4. also real nice. I chose the 3-9. I was and am very impressed on the quality of this scope. Now I've never had a scope that cost more than about $150 so to me this thing is the stuff. Chris hooked me up with a great deal on the scope, a Burris PEPR  mount and mounted/ bore sighted it for me. He also was very kind to my 5 year old daughter who wanted to go with daddy to the gun store. I walked out of there paying a lot less than i had anticipated. Over all great experience, very nice scope and i am sure i made the right choice. 

Hopefully i get out next weekend to try it out.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2012 at 18:08
Excellent
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2012 at 19:05
Excellent report, thanks for sharing your experience with us!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2012 at 19:21
Heck yea! Swfa to the rescue!
Old Mil ftw
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2012 at 09:43
Excellent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
02Silver View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2012 at 10:19
Glad they made you a happy customer.  Welcome to the site
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2012 at 16:52
Welcome to the OT!

SWFA makes another happy customer Excellent Sem,keep us in the loop & let us know how you like the scope...Thanks
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Sapper524 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2012 at 17:08
The 3-9 SS is a great all around scope.  The only sub $1k FFP model out that is worth having imo for a multi use platform (1-4 / 1-6) models excluded.  Good to hear you had a good trip down to SWFA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic