OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Giant Texas Muley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 10:53
Dam!!
With all these great pics of monster mule deer I should know my place... And not be post'n un-impressive mounts.

I am going to have to take the pic of my puny buck down. Going to have to take more care of what I am posting. I was going post a few more pics of deer(smaller than the one I posted) and antelope... Not going to happen.

It is an embarrassment. ;-)

Edited by rustic - April/17/2012 at 11:49
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 12:56
Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

Dam!!
With all these great pics of monster mule deer I should know my place... And not be post'n un-impressive mounts.

I am going to have to take the pic of my puny buck down. Going to have to take more care of what I am posting. I was going post a few more pics of deer(smaller than the one I posted) and antelope... Not going to happen.

Yeah, That's be noticed by a few.

Nice deer BTW

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:02
Hey, there is no shame in any animal! No matter what someone out there has shot bigger except for 1 person in the whole world who shot the largest so don't be shy brother. We have appreciation for all trophies. Just for you and JG here is a rare glimpse of CFII using a Leupy on my Fallow Hunt. Wink See I told you I don't have anything against them! Bucky
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:09
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Dam!!

Nice deer BTW

Did I detect a little sarcasm there?Wink

Have to admit been humbled a bit really thought it was at least a 160 class and maybe 185 class. Guess I should of have the Tax. score it before having it mounted... or better yet passed altogether on taking him to begin with. My bad 
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:15

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Dam!!

Nice deer BTW

Did I detect a little sarcasm there?Wink

Have to admit been humbled a bit really thought it was at least a 160 class and maybe 185 class. Guess I should of have the Tax. score it before having it mounted... or better yet passed altogether on taking him to begin with. My bad 

A we bit.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:18
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Hey, there is no shame in any animal! No matter what someone out there has shot bigger except for 1 person in the whole world who shot the largest so don't be shy brother. We have appreciation for all trophies. Just for you and JG here is a rare glimpse of CFII using a Leupy on my Fallow Hunt. Wink See I told you I don't have anything against them! Bucky

Did not know Leupold is a four letter word when I signed up for this forum... should put that in the "forum rules". Wink
Something like ---- L****** we do not speak of here... for fear of angering the the optics gods.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:44
CFII......great bucks there no doubt about it.  What rifle did you use?  You're killing me with the Leupold pic.......you know that's a prop shot/re-creation anyway! Smile
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:46
Here's the last of the best one's I've got......last year sucked BTW!  

rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 13:53
^ very nice.
Dang!
I must be hunting in all the wrong places. I have way more UN-filled tags than animals on the wall(albeit little ones).
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 15:53
I was actually with CFII on that hunt, he used a VX-6, I used a VX-3L

Neither of us have issues with Leupold. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 15:56
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I was actually with CFII on that hunt, he used a VX-6, I used a VX-3L

Neither of us have issues with Leupold. 

very nice animal some type of gazelle?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 16:05
Blackbuck
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 16:31

Blackbuck

How much do those hunts run?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 16:32
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

CFII......great bucks there no doubt about it.  What rifle did you use?  You're killing me with the Leupold pic.......you know that's a prop shot/re-creation anyway! Smile
Rifles Inc 6.5/284 and I seriously used it no recreation pic there. I used it in south Texas for the whole weekend in pouring down rain. Here is a picture of my Fallow from that particular hunt.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 16:43

Blackbuck

AOUDAD$2,500
ASIAN WATER BUFFALO$2,500
AXIS$2,250
BLACKBUCK$1,750
BARASINGHA$5,000
BLACK HAWAIIAN RAM$750 – $1,000
CORSICAN RAM$750 – $1,000
ELK$2,250 – $6,000
ELD’S DEER$8,500
FALLOW$2,250
GEMSBOK$4,500
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 16:59
Very nice.  I was kidding about the re-created stuff.  Looks like lots of fun. 
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 21:40
CF2,

I think that rifle looked better with the matching Z3 on there.
-Matt
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 23:35
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Rifles Inc 6.5/284 and I seriously used it no recreation pic there. I used it in south Texas for the whole weekend in pouring down rain. Here is a picture of my Fallow from that particular hunt.

That 24K Gold on those new Leupold's really looks nice and contrasty on those overcast days.....

Brad4213 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad4213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 23:50

Blackbuck

But those are some pretty tempting prices.Big Grin

Fixed the issue- CFII

Edited by Chris Farris II - April/18/2012 at 09:10
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2012 at 09:11
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

CF2,

I think that rifle looked better with the matching Z3 on there.
Trust me that scope isn't going anywhere. We share to many experiences together. You can see it on my gun from the Wyoming hunt last fall. I just took it off for this one hunt!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic