OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold 10x50 Tactical (with reticle)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo-UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold 10x50 Tactical (with reticle)
    Posted: April/13/2012 at 16:41
Hi guys..

New member from the UK, just joined up.Howdy Took delivery of the above binos a couple of days ago and I am delighted with the quality of the binos but not with the accompanying objective covers..!! Talk about cheap. I actually emailed Leupold to ask if I was missing an obvious way of attaching them to the binos and the reply I received, from a 'service technician' stated...

"You have not missed any trick for attaching the lens covers. They are only part of the packaging and not designed for field use..".

Expected more from a company like Leupold.

And there's nowhere in the UK that sells tethered objective covers. Guess I'll have to wait until June when I visit Jackson, MS and NYC. YippeeYippee
Wisdom is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Knowledge is not putting it in a fruit salad
gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 17:42
IMHO most binoculars come with substandard lens covers and I have Nikon, Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss.
See if you can get the Butler Creek covers for those glasses, they are some of the best.
Art
Good day.
Tommo-UK View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo-UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 19:34
Hi Art..

I was considering BC's but, on binos, I find them a bit 'clunky'. Get what you say about lens covers though I have some 8x30 Steiners (Military) and they have really great fitting objective covers which are firmly tethered to the central locking ring.

To my mind Leupold are really letting what is a great product, especially as they are supposed to have a 'tactical' (read military) aspect to them. Having served nearly 20 years in HM Forces I'd be very P'd off if I got binos with the poor quality these have. Bear in mind these binos sell in the UK at around $500.00. Like I said earlier I guess I'm going to have to pay B&H in NYC a visit as I see they have just what I want and I can try for fit too..
Wisdom is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Knowledge is not putting it in a fruit salad
Tommo-UK View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo-UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2012 at 02:25
That should read...

"Having served nearly 20 years in HM Forces I'd be very P'd off if I got binos with the poor quality lens covers these have.."

LOL I see I have to wait a while to be able to edit..Big Grin
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2012 at 07:26
We had a thread to help called Boost your Post Count. It needs to be restarted anyway. Look in Almost anything goes.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic