OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dog Tales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2012 at 05:45
Ype never corner or really PO a wild animal.... Sometimes they try to get even!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2012 at 14:11
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Ype never corner or really PO a wild animal.... Sometimes they try to get even!
 Corner him? We were in the middle of a field! He was trying to corner me.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2012 at 14:48
About a week after the incident with the coon and Travis, I was at work when my phone rang; it was the wife. I was walking the dogs, when Travis disappeared, she said. I caqn hear him down in the hollar, andI've called and called him, but he won't come to me. What should I do? I don't want to go down in that hollar, it's raining.
I told her to take Tracer with her, and tell her to go get Travis, and then wait, and if Travis shows up with a coon, DON"T TELL HIM TO LEAVE IT, just let him take care of it.
Ok, she said, and hung up.
About 45 minutes later she called. I did what you said, and Tracer went down to Travis and brought him back, but he had a coon in his mouth. When he got close to me he dropped the coon. It was alive, but it's not moving. What do I do? I said, to wait an hour, then go back and see if it's still there. If it's still there it's dead, if it's not then it ran off, or something is having a meal on Travis.
About an hour later she calls back, "It's dead, what should I do?". "Buzzards gotta eat too" I said, "I'll take care of it".
At least Travis was thoughtful enough to kill that coon before he dropped it FOR HER.

Ya know, the first couple of years we had Travis, he and I had a rocky relationship. I wonder if he didn't kill that coon on purpose when he dropped it at my feet.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2012 at 15:59
So now you think your dear departed dog fed you to the raccoon???  getting a tad paranoid, are we?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2012 at 10:11
Like I said, the first 2-3 years with Travis, was a intermitent battle for pack leader. Then one day he groweled and snapped at the wife. I offered to shoot him, but we decided to take him to the vet to be tutored. That took care of the dominance issue, and he turned into a great dog.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2012 at 10:19
Excellent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2012 at 12:14
He better hope the wife doesn't figure that one out or Lynn will be going next!
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2012 at 08:46

Aint gonna happenBig Grin

Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2012 at 21:41
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2012 at 22:08
as sad as it is, my dogs are my best friends. we rescued a bluetick, in 2006 named ticker. he had been beaten, starved and abandoned. found on christmas eve when he was about 10 weeks old, with broken ribs, and a busted eye. the summer of 07 me and the wife took the dogs on a 10k mile cross-country road trip, in which ticker magically killed 2 prarie dogs, and treed a brown bear. he took the fight to cancers door step, and fought every step of the way. 2 years he fought, no matter how sh*tty he felt, he would load up in the truck and hit the woods with me. he never complained about anything, and he was tough as nails to the end.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 11:07
Excellent  good one jjrgr21

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 11:29
When Travis was a young dog, I was taking him and Tracer for a walk. We were in the woods, and in an area that had a lot of deer traffic. A doe jumped up an took off running through the woods with Travis hot on her heels. Tracer wanted to go, but stopped when I called her, unlike Travis, who just kept after the deer. I called, and called for Travis, but he kept going. Finally I looked at Tracer, and told her to go get Travis, and she took off after him. After a while I started calling both dogs, but nobody showed up, so I went to the house. When I got to the house I found both dogs laying in the back yard. I know Tracer ran Travis down and took him to the house. This was the first time I ever sent Tracer after Travis, but it wouldn't be the last.
Tracer was the brains of the pack, and Travis was the muscle.  Travis adored Tracer; she could get in the garbage and open the front door for him; what's not to love.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 14:51
Join the Asian Animal Protection Network!

Help stop the abusive treatment of dogs which are raised for meat.

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2012 at 10:53
My sister took in a kitten from one of those u-pick-it farms, while my wife was warning her that my sister's terrior would try to kill the kitten. That evening my sister dropped the kitten off at mom's, because (you ready for this), her dog was trying to kill it.
I liked the kitten because it had lots of personallity and acted like a dog. Long story short, I wound up with the kitten. He was named Pepper, and is solid black.
When we adopted our shelty, Pepper was about 6 months old. When the two saw each other, it was like two best friends meeting after a long absence. They immeadiatly started playing with each other. It was hillarious to watch them play for hours, and where one went the other followed.
Pepper got pretty good at taking on a dog that was twice his weight, yet he never clawed or tried to hurt Barkly, our shelty.
One day my sister came up, and brought her Yorkshire terrior with her. The one that tried to kill Pepper. Now any time Baily saw a cat, he was off after it. Cats would just run and hide, or jump up where Baily couldn't get to them, so he never really experienced a cat's fury.
Baily was in the house, and he saw Pepper sitting in the front yard. He wanted out, and was barking and yipping, wanting to go out. My wife let Baily out the front door, and Baily made a bee line straight for Pepper. Pepper just sat there waiting, as if Baily wasn't even there. When Baily got to Pepper, Pepper just grabbed Baily and threw him on the ground like a big hip throw, and then just sat down, as if he was daring Baily to try it again. Baily jumped up and ran straight for the house, yelping and whinning all the way.
My wife and sister saw the whole thing and were laughing their butts off. My wife named the incident "Pepper's Revenge".
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2012 at 11:05
Excellent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 10:57
Here is Trooper, he is 8 weeks old here.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:02
Here is Trooper and Trina, as you can see they are now best friends.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:17
He remembered how to post picturesExcellent

Cute looking pup BF. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:19
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

He remembered how to post picturesExcellent

Cute looking pup BF. 
No, I saved Bud's PMBucky
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:20
Best buds.... Excellent
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic