OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver "V" question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver "V" question
    Posted: April/12/2012 at 16:22
Ladies and Gents:
Trading my old Glock 17 for another CZ 452, but this one eats .17 HMR ammo, instead of .22LR. 

Looking at the Weaver V series of scopes this go around. Don't want to spend to much and these appear to be a good value. I have a 2-7x Weaver Rimfire on the other 452 and I love it. The CZ's have a high bolt throw and the Weaver, with it's smaller ocular housing is good to go. 

Here it is. Anybody got any intel on this unit? Thanks in advance! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2012 at 17:08
2-10 is a good match for the .17 HMR The pic looks like a slim scope. This may be a good question for someone at SWFA that can lay hands on one. 
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2012 at 17:18
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

This may be a good question for someone at SWFA that can lay hands on one. 

Good idea! I know a guy or two over there! Big Grin
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 07:08
I'd go with the Weaver V9 instead the V10 has some pretty bad tunnel vision issues.  For some reason the V9 doesn't. 
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 07:14
Originally posted by magshooter1 magshooter1 wrote:

I'd go with the Weaver V9 instead the V10 has some pretty bad tunnel vision issues.  For some reason the V9 doesn't. 

Ah so...I wondered if the 2-10x might do that. Thanks for your comment. 
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 08:46

I tried several scopes on my 17HMR, my favorite was by far the SS 3-9.  I know you wanna go cheaper than that though.  This buckmaster might be a good scope if you plan on dialing much, which I found I did a lot on the 17.

Nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmaster Riflescope Mil-Dot Nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmaster Riflescope
Stock # - NIK6469
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 1"
  • Side Focus
  • Free Mil-Dot Master w/ Purchase (Mail-In Coupon)
$319.95 
Add Nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmaster Riflescope to Cart
More Details »

Optional Accessories:

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 11:11
I second the recommendation of V9 over V10.  Weaver "V" scopes are pretty old designs (comparatively speaking) and the high erector ration issues were not yet well figured out back them.

Nikon Buckmaster is a good option as well as is just about any decent 3-9x40 scope.

If you want something to simply play with in the meantime, I can send you a Minox 1.5-8x32 to put onto the rifle while you are making a decision.  I am kind acurious if it can be easily mounted on a rimfire (due to its long eyerelief and longish eyepiece), so I could use a "test dummy" so to speak.

ILya
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 11:16
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I second the recommendation of V9 over V10.  Weaver "V" scopes are pretty old designs (comparatively speaking) and the high erector ration issues were not yet well figured out back them.

Nikon Buckmaster is a good option as well as is just about any decent 3-9x40 scope.

If you want something to simply play with in the meantime, I can send you a Minox 1.5-8x32 to put onto the rifle while you are making a decision.  I am kind acurious if it can be easily mounted on a rimfire (due to its long eyerelief and longish eyepiece), so I could use a "test dummy" so to speak.

ILya
Note he could have just said "tester" lolWink
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 11:45
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya
Note he could have just said "tester" lolWink

He is a lefty.

ILya
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 11:54
Big GrinExcellent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 13:57
I'd love to be the test dummy!! Big Grin Thanks for your gracious offer, Koshkin. 

SVT:
I looked at going with the BM again too. I had one identical to the one you posted, less the Mil Dot, years ago and it worked very well on a hard kicking .300 RUM.   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic