OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thieves SUCK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Respect Outdoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thieves SUCK!!!
    Posted: April/10/2012 at 08:46
Hey you all. Robert Arrington here from Respect Outdoors. Last week I was filming for an upcoming appearance at the NRA show. I had all 3 of my Video Camera's with us and my 3 guns that I Always use on the show as well as a pile of other very valuable things. Some creap broke into my truck and completely wiped me out!!!! got everything! Being a small business owner and building my business in these tough times I cut a few corners and didn't have the insurance that I should have and it cost me dearly!!!! If any of you happen  to see a Sako A7 7mm Rem Mag (Black stock, black Barrel with Burris Eliminator) a Franchi I12, 12ga (black on black with a Burris SpeedBead) or a TC Encore Pro Huinter 20 Ga slug gun (camo with stainless barrel and Burris Eliminator) they got all of them... it sucks and I don't have a whole arsenal of guns... those are or were all the guns I owned and beyond the fact that I worked with them, they had a ton of personal meening to me.... I'm very upset that I lost them and will continue to look for them till I find them. thanks for all your help.
"All men die, few ever really live"
Sako A7 Burris Eliminator
7mm Rem Mag 139 gr GMX Superformance
Have gun will hunt!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 09:06
I'm so sorry to hear that, Robert. I too loathe a thief, especially a GUN thief. 

What area were you in when this happened? Might help some of our members to locate them. 

Best of luck on the safe return of your property, my friend. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 09:29
I"ll keep my eyes out on the boards.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 10:46
I hope you reported them to the local police, and were able to give them seriel numbers.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 12:08
Dang, Robert!! Sorry to hear that. The Sako was fun to shoot when i was down there. Hope they find them. I had a gun stolen once. They found the guy dead a year later and i got my gun back. I hope yours moves faster than that.

What happens to your show now with the cameras gone?
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 12:30
Robert, sorry to hear that.  I despise thieves.  Recently had a loss due to thieves, myself.  I hope they are caught and all your property returned. 

Thieves DO suck...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 12:45
Good luck, Robert. I tend to believe these things come around.
Reaction time is a factor...
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 20:44
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Say it ain't so!!!

Sorry to hear about that, Robert!  I enjoyed shooting your Sako 7 mag!  I know how much you loved that rifle!  I hope you find out who stole your gear and somehow manage to get it all back.

Thieves suck mightily!

BTW, I've got a few pics from the hunt that I keep forgetting to send to you.  Let me know if you want me to send them to you, and if so, PM me the email address.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 22:43
Some of the rest of us would like to see them too!!!YippeeYippeeYippeeYippeeYippee
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Thundey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thundey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2012 at 01:05
Watch the craigslist in the area and surrounding areas where they were stolen.  While they can't and probably wont sell or advertise the firearms some of your other equipment might turn up.  Also get in touch with the pawn shops in the area and ask if they have any of the stuff you're missing.  I have heard of more than one person who recovered items by watching the craigslist. 
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2012 at 07:24
I'm really sorry to hear that Robert. Even if you could get comped by insurance it still doesn't replace the meaning of the guns lost.

I hope and pray that you will get at least some back (hopefully ALL)! If the asshole(s) that took your property get shot in the recovery process i wouldn't bat an eye. 

Like others have mentioned, keep an eye out in the local areas. Thieves generally don't wander to far and they'l likely get them moved asap. Hopefully the police are involved as well.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Stevey Ducks View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2012 at 00:42
Really sorry to hear of the theft of your property.

Your post should be a warning to the rest of us out there.

Almost every year I have something stolen. The last item was the jack for my 2001 Toyota p/u - seems like the junk yards pay $30-$40 for them. Before that it was a coil of copper wire from my barn. Before that it was a garage door opener. The list goes on and on.

Where I live the jails are full of thieves and property thefts are so common the police don't investigate most of them. Most thefts appear to be drug related.

Things are things and can be replaced.
Ratface View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 04:10
Daaaang.....sorry to hear about the theft of your rifles. Ive had a ruger SP 101 revolver stolen from me as well. It was reported, logged and found a few months later. The dumb druggie that stole it apparently shot himself in the leg with it accidently and bled out. Serves him right. Being native american, my wife and i refused to take ownership of it back because it was used in one murder and possibly another being out there on the street. We were happy enough with justice served on its own. I pray you find your firearms in good condition as well, as i can see you really were grown on them.   
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2012 at 05:06
With our tight gunlaws this type of thing do not happen all that often. The thieving of course goes on and on. But guns are locked up tighter then Fort Knox, because if they get stolen you never get a lic again.

Sorry to hear of this and I hope the guy or guys get caught and shot or something.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 17:03
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

With our tight gunlaws this type of thing do not happen all that often. The thieving of course goes on and on. But guns are locked up tighter then Fort Knox, because if they get stolen you never get a lic again.

Sorry to hear of this and I hope the guy or guys get caught and shot or something.

No need to shoot anyone.  Catching them is enough...  I suppose Robert could always use some bait during the next alligator hunt (and if not, I could make some calls).

ILya
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 18:38

Sorry for the rotten luck man. Not much I hate worse than a thieve and a liar. Hope you get your stuff back, keep us posted.

Gappa View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 20:30
Hey look there were some things I did back when I was young and dumb that today I really wish I could take back.  See it seems after it happens to you, you really understand how it feels. But now stealing is one thing I can't stand more than any other crime.
God is a true gentleman.. He always pays back.. Trust me
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 20:53
Robert. I can't help with the cameras, but send me a PM.

Deck
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 23:28
Any update on what is going on?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic