OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles is back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 16:56
You can also look at all of these where every single one is people praising them. So not everything said on here is bad by any means. Loco
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

I agree with Sparky. My Kahles scopes are awesome and much better than the two Nikons I own.

Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

The Nikon will be several steps down from your Kahles.

It is kind of difficult to recommend a scope without knowing what the intended use will be, range and budget. But there are a number of better choices than the Nikon IMO.

brodeur272 View Drop Down

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

I would prefer the Kahles personally. The 2-7 FOV on the high end is not that much wider than the 10 power on my Swarovski & Kahles 2.5-10 scopes. It also gives you a lot more on the lower end.

Just my 0.02...

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Originally posted by DAVE44 DAVE44 wrote:

Well how do the optics in your Swarovski compare to the Kahles?

The two your looking at, their almost identical IMHO.

Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Hello cervelo,
I briefly had a Kahles which was at least equal in every way to my Swarovski. Traded that scope/rifle (remind me not to do that again) and would keep it if the deal came back around. Kahles are keepers.

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 17:13
I stand corrected. I was just thinking a company that has been said on to have a non-exist warranty and no one knowing where they are out of would throw up a red flag on them being able to do anything right??

Like I said... I must be missing something??

Edited by rustic - April/04/2012 at 14:32
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 17:24
Product = Great
Business model = Poor

They are owned by Swarovski, but don't use the same business channels.  Why?  No one is quite sure.  They, Swarovski, do service the scopes if there are issues as pointed out by others, but there have not been many issues percentage wise.    It would be nice for the consumers if they got their business model ironed out.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 17:34
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Product = Great
Business model = Poor

They are owned by Swarovski, but don't use the same business channels.  Why?  No one is quite sure.  They, Swarovski, do service the scopes if there are issues as pointed out by others, but there have not been many issues percentage wise.    It would be nice for the consumers if they got their business model ironed out.

That is europe for ya. Why not just buy a Swarovski? and forget about those other clowns. The business model is the most important part of a business without it the is no business kinda like "green energy" all show and no go.
rd7fox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rd7fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 21:43
I have 2 Kahles scopes (KX 4-12x50 from the sample list and a CL 3-10x50) and I can assure you that the CL is every bit the optical quality of my Swarovski PH 3-12x50, 2-10x42 and 3-9x36A (all off the sample list) They are also much better than any of my Leupold V3s or Zeiss Conquests.   I have spent many late evenings comparing the optics of many of these and other scopes and I concur with the other posts on here that Kahles is right there with the worlds finest scope makers. I feel they are only slightly, and very slightly at that, behind the Swaro Z6, Zeiss Victory, and Leica ER. If they are short in any area that is of any importance to me, it would be in their rather short eye relief.  That is marginalized by the fact that none of mine not sit on any heavy kickers anyway. Do I have any fear of CS with Kahles? Nope. Will my next scope be a Kahles. Nope. Only because of the lure of the Z6 1.7-10x42's FOV, large sweet spot, and the less critical eye position.  Nit picking at its finest!

In this global economy just think of how many business franchisees, industrial leaders, technology giants, etc have merged together to share resources to compete in the market place. Do you really feel Kahles teaming with Swarovski will somehow now give the advantage to Bushnell/Bauch and Lomb? 
FOsteology View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOsteology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 21:53
I recently sent in a Kahles for repair. Dawn at Swarovski stated that within the year there will be a stateside service/repair center for Kahles. She wasn't able to go into specifics.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 21:57
Originally posted by FOsteology FOsteology wrote:

I recently sent in a Kahles for repair. Dawn at Swarovski stated that within the year there will be a stateside service/repair center for Kahles. She wasn't able to go into specifics.

So, within a year you will get your scope repaired?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOsteology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 22:00
No. My scope is in route to Austria for repair.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOsteology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 22:02
Swarovski is currently the point of contact. They forward scopes on to Kahles in Austria for service and repair.

I was told I should have my scope back within 60-90 days.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 22:06
I hope you get it back by fall hunting season.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOsteology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 22:08
Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

I was told 60-90 days. However, I'm not concerned as it's not my only riflescope. Big Grin
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 22:11
Originally posted by FOsteology FOsteology wrote:

Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

I was told 60-90 days. However, I'm not concerned as it's not my only riflescope. Big Grin

What was wrong with it?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOsteology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 22:14
Would loose focus each time I fired a round. 
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2012 at 11:27
Kahles has had their troubles in the US market.  That is for sure.

They are trying to set it up right this time around and from what they have told me they have a pretty good shot at doing this reasonably well this time around.

They have had their share of bad importers, but I am hopeful it will be different now.

Nevertheless, they always supported their scopes.  They, perhaps, needed to be sent to Austria, but they would always support them, despite their importer sometimes.

Kahles has been making riflescopes longer than anyone else and I do not expect them to stop any time soon.  The quality of their product is as good as that of anyone else's and better than most.

Whether they make it in US market or not, I do not know.  But I definitely like their product enough to give them a chance.

ILya
Aicman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2012 at 12:31
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2012 at 10:04
Kahles are excellent scopes.
Doug
elora12 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2012 at 02:02
Kahles has been a designer and manufacturer of premium European optics since before the start of the 20th century.Kahles has been to create the best optics possible for avid hunters and shooters, while maintaining a responsible environmental corporate practice.

<<competitor link removed>>

PLEAS READ THE FORUM RULES

Edited by koshkin - April/05/2012 at 02:11
abailey54 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abailey54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2012 at 19:14
If you had ever used a scope from Kahles you would understand. Look at the riflescope rating scale and you will see why they are worth the investment.
abailey54
abailey54 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abailey54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2012 at 19:16
I feel the same Koshkin.
abailey54
Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2012 at 03:32
I hunted with a CL 3 - 10x50 MZ in 2011.

That is not going to happen again.

A  Leupold VX I 2x7 with stoney point elevation knob worked better in 2009.

For 2012 I will throw my Kahles scope on the bone pile and buy a new scope that is moa moa with zero stop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic