OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

3-9x40: Elite 4200 vs. new Bushnell Elite ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeStaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3-9x40: Elite 4200 vs. new Bushnell Elite ??
    Posted: March/26/2012 at 15:18
Assuming I do not go with the side-focus model, is there any difference between the Elite 4200 and the new Elite version?  Is the older version worse or better in any way?

Thanks,
Mike
The Dude View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2012 at 20:13
I have one 4200 and one of the newer (non side-focus model). There is absolutely no discernible difference between the two. They say the new ones are filled with Argon rather than nitrogen for whatever that's worth. I looked them both over side by side when I got the newer version. They are the same scope.

Josh
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2012 at 20:17
The side focus models are made in China. I would get the regular Elites or 4200s , they are still made in Japan in same factory they always have been. Ive had both the 4200 and Elite in 3-9x40. Same scope in every way to me.
MikeStaten View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeStaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2012 at 07:03
Thanks.  I have two 4200s and haven't had any issues so I may pickup another. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic