OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Still Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 20:58

That sounds reasonable enough. The tax I would end up paying would cover the return shipping cost I guess.

Brad4213 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad4213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 21:01
I think Urimaginary friend, has the best idea, you gotta figure that what you will pay in shipping, even sending it back will be cheaper than paying taxes for any of the scopes, i did compare a pst 4-16x50 and the said Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 with the zplex and target turrets. The zeiss in my opinion was noticibly better than the Pst, and managed to surprise the sales man at the gun store because he himself had said he was not a fan of the conquest but when he looked through both side by side, and outside, he admited that the zeiss was better. In my opinion it was worth the extra money and i love mine, but to each his own. The best thing to do is compare and find the one that YOU like, many people will make suggestions but it comes down to whats gonna float your boat, no one elses, good luck on your search. Big Grin
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 21:06
I will say that I ordered in the PST and I really liked it but turned around and sent it back after looking it over because I really wanted the 5-20x50 Super Sniper and I dont regret the decision but I still like the PST and think its a great scope I have a couple of Vortex Vipers that I like but I absolutely love the Super Sniper 5-20x50 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/25/2012 at 21:32

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 21:33
The SWFA was my first choice, UF, but other expenses came up, and the PST got the job for economic reasons.

I will have to console myself with time at the range.
-Matt
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 21:55
Nice set-up UF. Very nice.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 22:05
Guess its a good thing I have this on pre-order -- I really need it.  Wonder when it will be hereSlow Poke

SWFA SS 16x42 Tactical Riflescope SWFA SS 16x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS16X42MQ
  • Matte Finish
  • Patented Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm Tube
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
  • Coming soon, accepting pre orders
$299.95 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/25/2012 at 21:29

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2012 at 22:11
Well that will definately help. Have you ever thought about a Sighton SII3-9x42 for one of your shorter range rifles. In my less than all knowledgible opinion, after several years of use, I think it is a pretty darn good scope. In fact, I use it on my T/C Omega.

Good luck
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2012 at 16:40
I actually have a Sightron S1 3-9 mil dot on one musket also a TC Omega and its Ok.  I had a Nikon 3-9 Omega on the Encore then wanted to upgrade glass and have transitioned through Leupold 6x42 heavy duplex and Bushnell 4200 4-16x40 then following the season robbed the 4-16 off that and put it on a Ruger 300 WM - I get there in a round about means but the next scope I buy will for sure be a Super Sniper 16x42 Mil Quad since I have had the 6x (which I like very much), all three versions of 10x, the 20x, and the 5-20x50. It does seem that evey time I get close to having had all of them they add two or three more to the line. And then I have been eyeing their Leupold fixed 8x with 1/4moa knobs because I still have a Kenton knob that would work on one of those for a .308 168g.  And I have come to a conculusion that  a fellow cant possibly have too many of the Aimpoint 9000L red dots.  These little red dot scopes will fit in a pair of 30mm rings and work on everything.
Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight 2 MOA Dot Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight
Stock # - AIM11419
  • Matte
  • 2 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Free Aimpoint Bikini Lens Cover w/ Purchase
$406.00 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2012 at 17:39
I'll have to keep that in mind.....
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2012 at 22:41
I know I've said this before but....

Can't seem to put this to rest, I haven't ordered a scope yet so I was curious which would be the better option: 1) Leupold VX3 3.5-10x50 CDS
                       2) Leupold VX3 4.4-14x40 CDS

Again to anyone not following this saga, this is for a 7mm Rem Mag mainly used for hunting (300yd max) but want to "practice" out to 500.

May still end up with a  4-16x50 HS LR or the PST, but wondered how these would stack up for this purpose.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2012 at 21:24
Would you be willing to consider this scope, or is it out of the price range?  
Trijicon 5-20x50 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope Red Triangle Trijicon 5-20x50 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR23R
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle
  • 30mm
  • Free Sun Shade w/ Purchase
$1,082.95 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2012 at 21:27

Of the ones you mentioned I would want the 4.5-14x40 CDS.  My son has a VXIII 4.5-14x50 that he has hunted for several years and its a really nice scope and the VX3 is even better glass. The Custom Dial System is a very useful tool.   Leupold has been around a very long time Vortex was unheard of a couple years ago.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2012 at 21:54
Would love to have a Trijicon, but for now it is too much. I really like some of the features of the Vortex, but was wondering if they were really necessary. I kind of keep coming back and looking at the Leupold stuff. My dad has used Leupold his whole life, so I'm kind of used to it. He has a VX3 3.5-10x40 that I keep comparing back to.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2012 at 11:03
It's hard not to like the VX3 CDS system for its excellent glass and simplicity of use.  Mine have been spot on and reliable tracking. 
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2012 at 12:41
Good to know. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic