OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Chevy Volt is a joke thanks Mr. President

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chevy Volt is a joke thanks Mr. President
    Posted: February/28/2012 at 08:18
"I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."
Thomas Payne, Revolutionist
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 09:42
I take it you won't have a Volt in your garage anytime soon. Bandito
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 09:43
I ran over a Prius with a semi once.  Maybe the volt will be next.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 14:10
I'm kinda confused about all this electric car crap. If the purpose is to cut fuel cost, then how is that a savings, since electricity aint cheap to charge the battereis with, and I can tell you for certain a photovoltaic panel is not cost efficient. If the purpose is to save the planet (that's a load too), then since most power plants are coal fired (the evil, evil coal), then that sends as much if not more pollution into the atmosphere.
Can someone explain the benefits to me?

I also don't trust Snopes, since they are run by a bunch of lefties, and their figures don't line up either.

Edited by BeltFed - February/28/2012 at 14:29
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 14:18
The benefits are it lines someones pockets who is able to convince law makers that it will save the planet.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 14:18
tax creditsBig Grin
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 19:14
People like Jay Leno can afford to buy a Chevy Volt for the credits. He makes over $61,400 per episode. He needs to save on taxes. Cool
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 21:04
Volts catch fire.   The Government and GM tried to cover it up. 

God Bless America.

Visit the Ed Show
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 07:29

What Ed said!

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 07:32
I work with someone that was on the Volt design team before coming to B&D.  He  said the Volt is a death trap.  The political pressures applied to the program by management and the government kept it so.  The very first battery packs were encased in a Magnesium housing (purely a management decision)!!!!  How freaking smart is placing a rather large energy bomb inside a ignitable metal casing?!?!?  Brilliant!!! Loco
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Shelley@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 09:19
i love when ya'll get on a tangent!!!!Excellent
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 09:33
Originally posted by Shelley@SWFA Shelley@SWFA wrote:

i love when ya'll get on a tangent!!!!Excellent
I think we've been pidgon holed.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 10:35
What tangent?  We're talking garbage...er.....Chevy Volt here.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 10:42
whats the difference?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 10:46
i hate the epa
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 11:19
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

I'm kinda confused about all this electric car crap. If the purpose is to cut fuel cost, then how is that a savings, since electricity aint cheap to charge the battereis with, and I can tell you for certain a photovoltaic panel is not cost efficient. If the purpose is to save the planet (that's a load too), then since most power plants are coal fired (the evil, evil coal), then that sends as much if not more pollution into the atmosphere.
Can someone explain the benefits to me?

I also don't trust Snopes, since they are run by a bunch of lefties, and their figures don't line up either.

This is true.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2012 at 05:36
How does the "concerned" (and snooty) young hipster get her new Chevy Volt over Independence Pass to go shopping in Aspen?

A tow truck.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2012 at 05:41
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

The benefits are it lines someones pockets who is able to convince conspire with law makers that it will save the planet to line their pockets, too.  
Fixed that for ya.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic