OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Suggest me a scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 08:31
upd: kesi ofc, sorry for typing your name wrong, shame on me, still don't have enough points to edit posts 
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 09:08
SWFA does the same service as a Sightron.  Cool
sgt. Poulton View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 12:19
Just read that new SWFA SS scopes are coming for pre-order. 12x42 with mRad turrets seems to be just great Cool
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 03:24
Originally posted by Cope6.5/284 Cope6.5/284 wrote:

I would definitely get a SWFA SS fixed before the Sightron fixed. To me they appear to be very similar scopes in every aspect except the Sightron is $575 and the SWFA scope is $299.
I agree, but you can compare the image quality (contrast, resolution) fixed magnification SWFA vs Sightron S3?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 03:58

I believe Sightron has better picture, but it costs twice more Smile

I'm not sure I can afford Sightron SIII right now Smile

kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 05:31

Well, I think maybe the difference is very small. Therefore I would like to know the opinion of someone who can compare telescopes.

In the future, perhaps thinking about 10x42HD, but parallax from 50 yards for airguns... The shortest distance from the shooting is how many meters / yards?

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 05:37
I'd say 30 meters is shortest for optic sight. I'm thinking of adding red dot sight to shoot at shorter distances. I think I can mount it above scope or on side weaver mount.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 05:43

The problem is, I still didn't decide how to mount additional equipment on my rifle. It's Bullpup, and have just one weaver rail. I can use a ring a mount on barrel, but I worry it may affect accuracy :(

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 09:15
pretty neat looking gun there.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 15:34

Thanks, SVT_Tactical!

As you can see, bullpup has its cons - kinda short weaver base, and not enough place to add more weavers. So seems like the only way for me to add RDS is mount it above scope.

Regards.

note: previous post is some twisted glitch, seems like my proxy. I have to use it sometimes to access this site. If Moderator see this - delete it if possibleWhacko

Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 15:36
Done
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
bro.steve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bro.steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 20:50
given the quality of Zen Ray and Promaster, why haven't the Chinese given us an alpha scope at midrange prices. They could even put in ED glass...
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2012 at 10:03
While waiting for swfa ss mrad finally released gonna try some chinese leupold copy for my another pcp .177 rifle. Don't want to spend a lot of $ for the scope Ill use maybe 3-4 times Smile
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2012 at 04:29
Got my SWFA SS 12x42 MQ kinda 3 weeks ago, and last sunday was testing it. First of all, I want to say that it gives really good image and reticle is really thin which is good. But I had some problems with parallax adjustments. I've set a paper target at 50 yards distance (used laser rangefinder for this) and set parallax ring to "50" mark and my reticle was blurry. Tried to set it to ~40 or ~60 but I had either blurry reticle or blurry target. At 30 meters It worked fine for me. Sad
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2012 at 04:45
I have the same scope.

The reticle focus and parallax focus are not the same. The "eye piece" on that scope has a ring to focus the reticle. Set the reticle to your eye first and all should be well.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2012 at 05:06

Oh, thanks cheaptrick, I got it with butlers creeks installed, thats why I didn't mentioned it maybe :)

Thanks a lot, gonna try it Smile

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2012 at 05:24
You bet. 

The thinness of the reticle makes setting it a little more tricky than say a German #4. Once you get it set, you should be good to go. 

Good shooting! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2012 at 07:01

Reticle suits me great, its great for target shooting as well as additional mils are useful for long range shots with air rifle I have.

Compared to hawke scope, and I can say that as for me build quality is better on swfa ss which makes it best scope at 300$ price.

Thanks again! Cool

RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2012 at 14:08
Good to hear you like it. Best scopes around in the 299 range! And you can put them on anything that's the best part.
Old Mil ftw
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt. Poulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2012 at 08:32

Thanks SWFA !

Edited by Chris Farris II - August/13/2012 at 16:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic