OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

B Square Mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B Square Mounts
    Posted: February/20/2006 at 10:01

Hi Gents

Do any of you guys have any experience with these mounts? I have been using Leupold mounts on my Ruger M77 MK II 30-06 with a Leupold 4.5-14x40 LR, with no windage problems. In December I purchased S&B Zenith 2.5-10x56, now I don't have enough windage and can't zero the rifle.

We have a company in South Africa called Lynx, whom sell scopes and mounts, mounts are made by B Square and scopes in Japan. They sell a base and ring for the Ruger that allows you to adjust windage. Compared to my Leupold rings the finish seems rough, easily solved by a good gunsmith, my question is how good are B Square mounts. or would I be better off looking elswhere? Do you guys know of anyone else that makes an adjustable mount for the Ruger.

I looked at buying Zeiss Swarovski and S&B and the adjustment range is the same in all three manufactures, so there is no problem with the scope, i just need to be able to adjust the mounts.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards too all

Chris

arkhillbilly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2006 at 21:27
I've got a B-Square on my AR, so I don't have the experience with sporting rifles that you are asking for, however I would rate the product I have as adequate but nothing more.
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2006 at 10:13

Thanks for the info, the mounts are all steel and they seem quite strong. Yet the finish is ridiculous, went hunting this weekend one bump on the mount and the finish is off.

Regards Chris

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic