OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trijicon
    Posted: February/19/2012 at 13:24
optically how good are they  what do they compare to
Stan
dw0229 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dw0229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 13:56
No offense icon308;but you are ulimately going to have to do some side by side comparisons in your search for a low light scope.It will boil down to your budget and what compromises and trade-offs you will accept as well as your vision,because your eyes may see things a tad different than mine.I have compared the Trijicon Accupoint will several scopes and find it to be well capable of very low light hunting.On the second hand,I can get the job done as well  with a $399 Meopta Meostar 3-9x42 with a german #4 reticle but that's me.The Accupoint as well as the Leupold VX-R are great choices for an illuminated scope,however I think if you want great glass and a lit reticle for under $1000 look at the either the Meopta Meostar 3-12x56 or for a little more $ the Conquest Duralyt 3-12x50 illuminated.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 14:08
I put the Trijicon Accupoints' optical performance at least on par with Conquest.  The reticle is superior to just about anything for low light hunting.
-Matt
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 16:44
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

I put the Trijicon Accupoints' optical performance at least on par with Conquest.  The reticle is superior to just about anything for low light hunting.

+1

Eagle
Sapper524 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 18:30
I had a trijicon 2.5-10x56 with mildot - green illum dot in the middle.  Early morning and fading light it did very well.  Side by side in the same conditions it was much brighter than my Leupold VXIII blackring 4.5-14.  Some days I regret getting rid of it ... If they had mil adjustments or a MOA reticle to go with the moa adjustments I would have kept it.  The performance was there ... im just anti mismatched reticle/turrents.
icon308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2012 at 17:21
im about sold on the Trijicon do anyone know anywhere on net to see live pics of the reticles
Stan
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2012 at 17:50
There are some pics floating around on this board somewhere so you Can do a search.

You can also do a Google search for "Trijicon Reticle pictures" or even narrow it down to reticle type too.

Eagle
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2012 at 19:09
2x above 5x below with illumination window shut over the fiber optic
Illumination can be too bright in full daylight and you can close the window over the fiber optic

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic