OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Unbiased Opinion please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 44magsue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unbiased Opinion please
    Posted: February/19/2012 at 06:08

i know you guys are sold on aimpoint and i don't blame you they are wonderful as far as i can tell but the problem is i cant afford one. the best i can do is the matchdot above for $209. you guys in the know am i wasting my money? this will go on a super blackhawk hunter 44mag. these are guaranteed for life which i guess don't mean much will they hold up? please give me your unbiased answer.
thanks a lot
sue
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 07:01
Burris 2x20 Handgun Scope
Plex Burris 2x20 Handgun Scope
Stock # - 200218
  • Matte
  • Plex
  • 1"
$218.95
 If you cant afford aimpoint this is a reliable pistol scope I wouldnt go with a cheap dot.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
loaded4bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2012 at 12:37
I bought the Ultradot 30mm ($170 delivered) for my Super Blackhawk Hunter 44mag using the Ruger supplied rings and I couldn't be happier.  After 500 plus rounds it has held perfect zero and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.  I know a few people that own the Matchdot with no complaints.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2012 at 15:09
Vortex SPARC Red Dot Sights

I"d opt for a scope or if your limited to around $200 one of the Vortex SPARCs or one of these red dots - http://swfa.com/Docter-Red-Dot-Sights-C1885.aspx  (these at 50% off are a great buy)

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2012 at 15:41
+1 on the SPARC might also check the Burris Fastfire!
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic