OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1X - ? scope for a 10/22 w/ a 50 yard parallax?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

1X - ? scope for a 10/22 w/ a 50 yard parallax?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hokie1850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1X - ? scope for a 10/22 w/ a 50 yard parallax?
    Posted: February/18/2012 at 07:21
I'm trying to find a good low power scope for my 10/22 that has a 50 yard parallax for backyard shooting.  I see a few good options for 2X+ but nothing below.

I have zero interest in a high powered scope.  Ideally I'd like to find a 1 or 1.5X scope with a max range around 4+, but with a 50 yard parallax setting.

Any ideas or my options really that limited if I want a magnified optic for a 22lr?

I'm about to click "buy" on a Weaver rimfire scope, but wanted to see if there was a better choice.

Thanks in advance for any tips, insight, or comin-to-Jesus advice on the almighty 22lr.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2012 at 14:12
With that low of a power Parallax should not be much of a problem. Parrallax issues are more prominent with magnification over 9x and ranges out past 200 yards. Proper eye placement all but eliminates parallax anyway. At close ranged the biggest problem is scope height.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2012 at 15:48
You could get a Leupold 1-4X20. The shotgun model probably has a 75 yard parallax setting, and Leupold can reset it to something else. You probably don't want the heavy duplex, but there are other options.
Hokie1850 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hokie1850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2012 at 20:46
Thanks for the info...I inferred the response was compelled to ask the question.  I was motivated by reading Weaver's website where they cited its rimfire scopes were set at 50 yards.  Figured there was a reason for it.

In any case, the low power shouldn't make that much of a different.  So long as I'm minute of squirrel I should be ok. Cool
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 08:26
I put one of these on my 22 and it seems adequate. Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope
Dual-X Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope
Stock # - 849431
  • Matte
  • Dual-X
  • 1"
$139.95
if you want there are some other possible choices depending on your tollerance for price, do you hunt coons etc at night?
Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight
2 MOA Dot Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight
Stock # - AIM11419
  • Matte
  • 2 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Free Aimpoint Bikini Lens Cover w/ Purchase
$397.95 
Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
Green Triangle Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR21G
  • Matte
  • Green Triangle
  • 1"
  • Discontinued closeout price
    $549.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
    Bobby Paul Doherty
    Texas Ranger
    Hokie1850 View Drop Down
    Optics GrassHopper
    Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hokie1850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 17:54
    10-4 on those suggestions.  That's actually the Weaver I'm looking at buying.  Thinking I'll roll with that option.  I'd also love a TR21 to take the place atop my 12 gauge slug gun...we'll see how the finances play out this summer on that one.

Thanks for the tips!
    Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I put one of these on my 22 and it seems adequate. Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope
    Dual-X Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope
    Stock # - 849431
    • Matte
    • Dual-X
    • 1"
    $139.95
    if you want there are some other possible choices depending on your tollerance for price, do you hunt coons etc at night?
    Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight
    2 MOA Dot Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight
    Stock # - AIM11419
    • Matte
    • 2 MOA Dot
    • 30mm
    • Free Aimpoint Bikini Lens Cover w/ Purchase
    $397.95 
    Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
    Green Triangle Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
    Stock # - TR21G
    • Matte
    • Green Triangle
    • 1"
    • Discontinued closeout price
      $549.95
      3 Tuns View Drop Down
      Optics Apprentice
      Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3 Tuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2012 at 16:39
        I have two of those Weaver 2x7 rimfire scopes mounted on 10-22 rifles, and I really like them.  They are fine hunting scopes.
      Poodleshooter1 View Drop Down
      Optics Apprentice
      Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poodleshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 13:43
      Try the Weaver 1-3x if you want very,very low power in a traditional optic:
      http://swfa.com/Weaver-1-3x20-Classic-V-Rifle-Scope-P2864.aspx

It's not 50yd parallax,but at 1x, it's likely immaterial.
      It has a degree of "fisheye" at 1x, but is a true 1x and is very easy to use with both eyes open.
      Hokie1850 View Drop Down
      Optics GrassHopper
      Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hokie1850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 20:46
      I went with the Weaver 1-3 as you suggested.  It should arrive Friday. Thanks and high five to SWFA.
      sholling View Drop Down
      Optics Professional
      Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2012 at 01:18
      The Weaver 1-3x is a good little scope.
      NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
      Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
       Post Reply Post Reply
        Share Topic