OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Airgun scope that will focus at 14 yards?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airgun scope that will focus at 14 yards?
    Posted: February/17/2012 at 20:09
Looking for a scope for my B26 that will focus at 14 yards.  I have a cheap 4x on it now that works great at 25 yards but the new "range" (basement) is only 14 yards and it wont focus at that range.  Obviously not looking for a lot of magnification, just something that will be clear at 14- 30ish yards and stand up to a springer.  Any suggestions welcome, Matt. 
There are 3 kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2012 at 20:47
Budget?
mattri View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2012 at 21:19

Good question!  Not to turn it around but what kind of price range should I be looking at?  I got the current scope in trade, haven't priced out any others.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.
anomad View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 13:19
I hate to admit this, but I have a 4x Barska airgun scope on one of my 22's. Its a clear little scope, SWFA has them for 45 bucks.. Focus down to 10 yards I think? Will focus on the wall in the house anyway.

Barska is well known for low quality. But this one scope is pretty good.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 13:42
Originally posted by mattri mattri wrote:

Good question!  Not to turn it around but what kind of price range should I be looking at?  I got the current scope in trade, haven't priced out any others.

Hard to answer for you. What is the most you are willing to spend and what would you like to spend?
mattri View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 16:06
Would like to stay in the $50-75 range if that is realistic, thoughts? 
anomad View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 16:47
I looked at my Barska at lunch. The AO turns just under 10 yards. I could focus on the wall from the utility room through the kitchen. Probably just under 30 feet.
mattri View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2012 at 21:28
Thought I'd drag this up, haven't got around to getting a new scope for the springer and it's getting cold outside so more basement time is coming up. 

Need a scope that will stay clear down to 10-14 yards- the range is dependent on how much stuff is in the basement at any given time. 

So far we have a nod to the Barska, never have looked through one. 

RWS 6x42CL?

Leapers 5th Gen 3-12x40? 

Any others to be looking at? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic