OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Falcon 5.5-25x50 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falcon 5.5-25x50 Tactical
    Posted: February/17/2012 at 16:23
Any reviews on this?  I have a 4-14x44 and while it has not seen "hard use" it has performed great on many range sessions and hunting trips.

I might grab one of these if they are well received.  The price is compelling.

How do they stack up with the PST or SS?

thanks
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2012 at 18:31
I am also curious about that scope! Good question!
Old Mil ftw
PaulB84 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2012 at 21:30
nobody has one?
Sapper524 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2012 at 21:40
The falcons aren't even in the same hemisphere as the SS 5-20 ... its like comparing a Mustang XL to a Shelby Super Snake....

If I was choosing between the PST and SS I would take the SS every time.
watts4dinner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watts4dinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2012 at 00:35
This review may be of service to some that are wanting a little more info.
PaulB84 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2012 at 01:22
watts thanks thats the only review ive found of it online and that was a pre production model
PaulB84 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2012 at 01:23
sapper-

I realize that, but thats also why they're 1/3 the price point.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watts4dinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2012 at 11:36
I placed an order for the 5.5-25X56 Falcon this morning. It should arrive by Thursday and I will be sure to write a standard unboxing, mounting, and zeroing review. I won't be doing a durability test as this will be the only scope for my rifle. It is supposed to be around 25* frht. this next weekend which will provide a good median temp for the application I will be using this scope for. I have never written a review on optics before but have owned and used around 10 different scopes in this price range and believe I have a good grasp on what a $500 scope should be, so, take it for what it is worth.
PaulB84 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 16:41
Excellent! looking forward to the review! Excellent
PaulB84 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 16:42
is this the illuminated model? or the one described in the review above?

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watts4dinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 07:56
The non illuminated model, the illuminated model was on backorder from swfa and from the falcon website it looks to be discontinued.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic