OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Barska vs. Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prohunter1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barska vs. Super Sniper
    Posted: February/18/2006 at 14:35
Which of these two brands have a better tactical scope. Give me the low down both good and bad. Thanx John
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2006 at 14:47

Barska......junk.

Super Sniper has distinguished itself in Military/LE circles across the country.

Many, many reviews of the SS are available.

Welcome to The OT!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Sniper6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2006 at 18:12

My personal opinion is the Super Sniper.

I have used the Barska swat 6-24X44 and the SS10X42M side by side and I like the SS a lot more than the Barska.

The Barska witch was mounted on my dads 257 Weatherby mag has 1/8” clicks witch are a little too fine for the shooting I do, We had to dial up almost 4 turns to get it out to 1000.

The Barska has held zero very well on the 257 and the tracking is very good.

The turrets have ok click sound but not the greatest, they are easy to grip a lot like the SS

We never put it under water but he has never had problems with fogging even in the rain.

The variable power is nice but even on the low powers it seemed that we were looking through a long tube. both my dad and I agreed that the SS had a wider field of view and is clearer.

If your killing Varmints out to 500 or so, the Barska would probably do just fine, If you shooting long range or need something with a little more dependable precision get the SS.

I hope this helps! 

What a great hobby!
prohunter1972 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prohunter1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2006 at 08:27
Well I am building an AR 15 for shootin prairie dogs and I want a tactical looking weapon. I dont want to spend butt loads of money but I do want a nice scope on my rifle.  Yes I may stretch the distance out there to whack some dogs. These are the two brands I am looking at for now. Thanx for the replies so far.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2006 at 09:03

A tactical looking dog.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2006 at 14:17
The Super Sniper 10 X is the way to go I have the 20X and would rather have the 10X. The 20 X has been very reliable but it will not come on target as quickly as a 10X.  You are on the right track.  Now attach it with Badger rings
30650 Badger Ordnance Max-50 Scope 30mm Rings Badger Ordnance Max-50 Scope 30mm Rings
  • Matte
  • Ultra High (1.45")
SWFA: $177.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2006 at 15:24

Dale Clifford, stand by for coordinates!

We've got a Badger Ord fan in the open!!!!

He's even recommending Max 50's!!

Commence fire, I say again, commence fire!!!!!!!!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2006 at 21:20

The max 50s are only a couple of bucks more once you have mortgaged your house to buy Badger rings. So why not. I'd like to have about 4 sets of them.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic