OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What happens when...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 12:45
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

This is just an abject lesson to all of us to be mindful at all times when we are shooting or reloading or just handling firearms.
This means be mindful of what others near us are doing, as well. The ranges have been crowded, lately and a lot of the participants are completely inexperienced with firearms.
 I recently watched as the lady in the indoor lane next to me, loaded and chambered her new 9mm and she then turned and pointed it at my liver while she "fiddled" with her grip, with finger on trigger.
 My liver has a hard enough time, as it is.
I hope to GOD you let her know what she did wrong.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 12:59

I recently watched as the lady in the indoor lane next to me, loaded and chambered her new 9mm and she then turned and pointed it at my liver while she "fiddled" with her grip, with finger on trigger.

Jeepers! 

A few years ago, I saw a lady with a very nice stainless Smith .38 revolver shooting at the bench next to mine. She fired 3 rounds down range, stopped firing, with finger on the trigger, looked down the barrel of aforementioned .38, then pointed the barrel back down range and calmly resumed firing the remaining 3 rounds. 

She looked at me and smiled when she had finished. I told her "Lady, YOUR life just flashed before my eyes just now!"    
"Why do you say that", she responded Loco
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 13:02
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

Would think the feel of the bolt would be different loading a 308 in a 25-06.  Hard lesson learned.

actually im guessing you wouldnt, the 25-06 is a fair bit longer, and a lot of 25-06's are built with some freebore, i bet the .308 didnt touch anything other wise it wouldnt have closed
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 13:17
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

This is just an abject lesson to all of us to be mindful at all times when we are shooting or reloading or just handling firearms.
This means be mindful of what others near us are doing, as well. The ranges have been crowded, lately and a lot of the participants are completely inexperienced with firearms.
I hope to GOD you let her know what she did wrong.
Yes, indeedee. I even practiced my kind and gentle demeanor while we had a range safety discussion, since she was obviously a brand new shooter- since the guy she'd brought with her to "teach" her to handle the gun had turned his back and was watching a fine fox down the line shoot her boyfriend's AR.
With him, I used my more stern tone of voice.
It doesn't really pay to slap 'em around when they are locked and cocked.
She did well the rest of the session and he never quit poutin' and snarlin'.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 13:39
That is crazy, that really blew that thing up. 

I was at my gunsmiths a while back and he showed me a rifle he had where I guy loaded up a 7.62-39 in his 22-250 and set it off.  It did not destroy the gun as bad as that, but it was in several pieces.  All it did to that guy was hurt his hands and pepper his cheek with a couple small pieces of shrapnel.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 19:54
sh*t the bed.... I can't believe he still has his eyes!  Lucky som-bitch as my late Uncle in Law would say!  Actually, he'd say something else too, but I'm sure I can't say that here.

I broke Wes's rule and got my youngest Son a 270... My older Son and I both have '06s.  So far, I've only purchased Federal ammo for the .270 and that comes with red marks on all the primers.  so that's our clue if you will.  He's not to load anything that doesn't have a red mark.
take em!
bro.steve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bro.steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 22:47
Here's your sign!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic