OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

facebook parenting for troubled teen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: facebook parenting for troubled teen
    Posted: February/14/2012 at 12:21
The finale will bring a tear to your eye.

Edited by scooter65 - February/14/2012 at 12:26
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 12:23
saw that the other day, girls going to have a hard life ahead of her.
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 12:27
I gotta get me some of them exploding bullets.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 12:39
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Me too, I like his closing statement.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 13:07
Sad scenario is: He will now be put in jail for threatening the brat with a firearm. She will now own her mother with the threat to tell DHS that she will tell that the mother is not nice. While she invites all the scum of the area over for alcohol and drug party. When leaving one will get killed and that brats parents will sue the mother and have her put in jail because the kids had a drunken party at her house. You may come to the belief that no Judges have ever raised kids of there own. That's probably correct. They had a nanny raise their kid because they didn't want to bother.

Real Life is not right anymore.
Shucks! I'm getting bitter as I age.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 13:35
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Real Life is not right anymore.
Shucks! I'm getting bitter better as I age.
Fixed that for ya.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Summer@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summer@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 13:41

I agree, if she doesn't start listening to her daddy it will be even harder! She needs to learn how to appreciate and respect her parents.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 13:46
Had this convo with a person the other day. All you "have" to provide a kid in your custody is shelter, food, water and medical care.

I'd strip that little bastards room down to an Army cot, sheet and blanket and feed her MRE's for the entire time she lived under my roof, or until she could appreciate the life of luxury she enjoyed. And when I'M satisfied, she could start earning her privileges back, one at a time.     

Not all kids these days are like "Hannah", but there sure are an ass ton of them out there running around these days.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 14:05

I know i'm very young to say this but think of what our parents would have done to us had we done this....... who else here would be walking with a limp from them breaking our ass with a belt or switch? 

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 14:06
Each generation gets a little more spoiled. It's just the nature of the beast, especially with technology booming (phones, computers, facebook etc etc). Kids, meaning teens and younger, certainly seem to feel much more entitled these days. 

Part of that problem, though are parents. Don't put all the blame on the kids. If parents would actually teach discipline and some structure before kids get to the teen years, you'd see less of this crap happening. I see parents letting kids get away with murder out in public, as im sure all of you do as well. It's asinine. Once you instill in a kid, that they can get what they want, when they want it, you're screwed. And much of the time, it doesn't bode well later in life. Kids have zero clue what hard work is these days. Not all, but the ratio is growing in the wrong direction.

Look i wasn't the perfect kid, but i had chores, push mowed about 10 acres worth of grass growing up (until my dad was able to get a 2nd rider, which was a God send Big Grin) and worked all through high school. I paid for gas and part of the insurance on my car. My parents were far from perfect, but they were tough when they needed to be, and gave me responsibility and space as i got older. The older i get the more i respect them and love them for the way they raised me. It was also nice to grow up in a 2 parent household, although my folks had plenty of moments, believe me. But they didn't just run at the first sign of trouble like so many do these days.

I'm very happy with where i'm at in life right now. 28, married to an amazing woman, homeowner, have a stable job. I served my country for 4 years and went to school for 2 years after i got out of the service. Much of that had to do with how i was raised by my folks to respect your elders and take pride in your work. The military furthered that as well.

I've got zero problem with what that fella did. It's his property, and he didn't put anyone in harms way. And if that can't get the attention of your kid, i don't know what will.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 14:10
Reading a couple new articles, they said police and CPS have been out to see him.  But he did not break any laws and CPS seemed fine with the home. 

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 14:19
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Reading a couple new articles, they said police and CPS have been out to see him.  But he did not break any laws and CPS seemed fine with the home. 

If i were him i'd have told them to get the blank off my property or come back with a warrant.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 14:23

Neither should have been out to see him. I read that and just shook my head. This country is getting incredibly politicaly correct and to some degrees weak minded. My dad spanked my brother and I growing up. It never crossed a certain line but it hurt and made a damn good point. If you did that nowadays you'd lose your kids.

I mean hell, kids are getting trophies for coming in LAST place in sports now. Where is the competitive drive in people?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 14:32
I got spanked and my butt kicked a number of time growing up.  Looking back, IMO that was good parenting.  I deserved it each and every time.  I learned from it as well.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Summer@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summer@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 15:21
She will regret that one day if something ever happens to him
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 16:23
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

Neither should have been out to see him. I read that and just shook my head. This country is getting incredibly politicaly correct and to some degrees weak minded. My dad spanked my brother and I growing up. It never crossed a certain line but it hurt and made a damn good point. If you did that nowadays you'd lose your kids.

I mean hell, kids are getting trophies for coming in LAST place in sports now. Where is the competitive drive in people?

So very true. PC is here to stay unfortunately.  
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 20:57
I have to say I like his style...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Shelley@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 15:00
thatta boy!  she needs licks with the branch she hand picks from the tree. Ungrateful and no longer spoiled I'm sure.

feel sorry for whoever marrys her. amen
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 15:01
My dad whooped me and I cannot say that I didnt deserve it each time. But after each spanking he would take me to get some ice cream.

That man paid for the lap top, paid for the software, paid for the .45 and the ammo.
Why is it politically incorrect to test out his exploding hollow points? Wink

....I got to where I would take a spanking to get ice cream haha Wink
Dillon@SWFA.com
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 15:25

I know i'm very young to say this but think of what our parents would have done to us had we done this....... who else here would be walking with a limp from them breaking our ass with a belt or switch? 

Dad farmed and had a 3xl hand that had callouses tougher than leather.  Knew how to use it too.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic