OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

USMC Nazi's ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USMC Nazi's ?
    Posted: February/09/2012 at 16:53
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2012 at 16:59
"Scout Snipers" = SS.

More liberal nonsense and frankly short of the Nazi Germany Swastika, they can carry that flag in combat for all i care.

If you're not willing to pick up a rifle and stand with them, get out of the way libs. Sharp Shooter

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2012 at 17:31
Those who can't even lift these guy's jocks are running off at the mouth.  
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2012 at 19:29
NO NO NO - that is not a NAZI symbol the printer got the font wrong, its SS for Super Sniper scopes.
Quick somebody photoshop the correct font on there we can use this.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2012 at 19:42
Sweet pic!!!!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2012 at 19:49

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2012 at 20:28
I was reading a book, not long ago, called the The Long Ships (by Frans Bengtsson)...great story about a Viking warrior and his adventures. He named one of his daughters Sigrun, which I thought might make a cool name for my next rifle. I looked it up and found that Sigrun was one of the Valkyries and that the name literally means victory rune. And of course, the symbol is the Sig rune:

Well, I thought, perhaps some other name will be better. Funny how a bunch of evil dudes could take symbols like that or reverse the Swastika (commonly found on Buddhist temples in Asia) and make them into something reviled. I don't mind if a team of scout snipers want to turn a symbol like that back into something respected. It's like the U.S. Army sergeant named Paul Hitler, who supposedly told Time Magazine "I'm not changing my name. Let the other fellow change his."

Maybe it's pushing it, but its not like they slapped a swastika on there.
Reaction time is a factor...
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2012 at 11:59
Gee, nobody complains about the initials of the Secret Service.
A friend of mine was visited by them, because someone sent a threatening letter to the President, to the local paper, and put his name on it (he was going through a nasty divorce at the time).
He described the encounter to me. It gave new meaning to the initials of the Secret Service.

I don't have a problem with those Marines. They are in theater, and if the death's head intimidated my enemy, I'd use it.
War is NOT a politically correct social event.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2012 at 13:13
American Flag
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 12:42
I think people should remember what those guys have Sacrificed to be there, and the ammount of lifes they have saved by doing what they do. And stop moaning about a stupid flag. I know its not the most politically correct flag, but if it gets those guys through the day I'm all for it.

Regards Chris
gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2012 at 15:49
Hello all:
The original symbol that USMC Scout Snipers wanted to use back in the 1960's was twin lightning bolts.
SAC objected, saying they thought of it first so the twin runes were adopted later as the unofficial symbol.
They should probably go back to the twin lightning bolts since SAC no longer exists and General Tower isn't around any longer (his ghost still hovers over the Pentagon though).
The twin lightning runes have a very negative image in Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada and with some in the US who fought the SS during WWII and had friends and fellow soldiers wounded, killed, tortured and executed by them.
As sign of respect to those who fought WWII I would suggest adopting another symbol such as the twin lightning bolts.
To me it is a matter of respect for a soldier I knew who was at Malmuday and had to lie underneath the body of his best friend for hours after they had been gunned down by the SS. His friend cried out from the pain and was executed while he lay underneath
Again to me it is a matter of respect to those who fought, suffered and died for this country during WWII.
Obviously the USMC (my Corps) needs to educate the newer generation about the sacrifices made during WWII in Europe not just the Pacific..I believe that once the significance of the those symbols are explained to these young Marines they will no longer want to be associated with them.
Thanks
Art

Good day.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2012 at 05:31
Nice work Wes,a true Freedom of Speech.Thanks to all for their service Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2012 at 02:44
If these marines did not know that they were using Nazi insignia, it reflects on their education, not anything else.  That would be hardly surprising since, unfortunately, history is not taught in the United States any more and apparently has not for a long time (at least in high schools).  

If they knowingly used Nazi insignia, that is appalling to me.

ILya
gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2012 at 15:36
Hi ILya:
The USMC needs to educate it's young Marines who may not understand the significance of the symbols they are attracted too.
Various groups are praying on their ignorance and using them to further their political agendas.
The USMC is going to have to do the education since our schools are doing so poorly, it will benefit all enlisted Marines and make them less susceptible to recruitment by extremist organizations during service and after discharge.
Teaching about what the Nazis and Communist did is important for those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
No matter what people try to say the Nazi SS was the sharp end of the spear for the Nazi party and Hitler.
They were along with the Gestapo his go to guys and their record of atrocities against against the Australian, Canadians, British, French, Italians, Greeks, Norwegians, Yugoslavs, Czechs, Poles, Russians, Hungarians, Lithuanians, Latvians, Estonians and Americans should speak for itself.
The Communist did just about as badly minus the British, French, Italians,  Norwegians and Americans but made up for it with their own people and everyone else.
The real CRIME and I do mean CRIME is we have failed to educate our young people about this.
Again, it is my belief that the USMC needs to explain this, absent the public schools doing it.
It will save them much grief down the road and prevent this from happening again.
Imagine the horror if they had used  Japanese or NKVD symbols.
Given an education it is my belief this will not happen again, unless by malicious intent.
Thanks
Art

Good day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic