OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Budget Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kettlez122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budget Scope
    Posted: February/08/2012 at 13:35
Ok, been searching around for a limited amount of time. I am building a budget 300 WM. I have everything besides glass. I think I want a fixed 10 power. Hawke sidewinder tactical, Wotac fixed 10. It must have exposed tactical turrets. Im trying to stay under 400 bones. SS doesnt interest me because it doesnt have side focus. And version with it jacks up the price to much in my opinion. Im going to be doing some long range shooting with this rifle, so guys whats your opinion on these scopes and others in the price range??
Thanks
Mike
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 14:10

The SS will blow both the others out the water, you may think the rear focus on the standard SS would be hard to use but its not, its just a simple as the side.  They do have a couple SF SS's pop up on www.samplelist.com every now and then but youd be much better off with the SS than either of the other two. 

Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 14:21
The SS 10x would be my only choice. It is far superior over anything else in the price range you list. And once the SS 10x is offered with the Mil Rad reticle (Which is soon from what I hear.) I will have one.
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 14:22
Agreed SS all the way...
Old Mil ftw
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 14:25
ss.

Rear focus is just as good as side focus.

It is the better scope period.
-Matt
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 16:44
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

ss.

Rear focus is just as good as side focus.

It is the better scope period.

I like the rear focus better than side focus. I'm a "lefty" and like to use my free hand to correct parallax and it seems that there are fewer problems with the rear focus SS as compared to the side focus, but I may be mistaken.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
kettlez122 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kettlez122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 17:15
Thanks a lot guys. Looks like Im going SS. So when are they coming out with a mil/mil model? Having the turrets and reticle speaking the same language would be a super plus.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 19:50
Originally posted by kettlez122 kettlez122 wrote:

......... I want a fixed 10 power
........ It must have exposed tactical turrets
............. Im trying to stay under 400 bones.
............ side focus.
......Mike
MIKE   -- GET PAST IT -- If you want side focus -- buy side focus  -- it's within your price limitations and is the best choice in that price range -- so ---  It just is what it is.
I have owned both the rear focus and the side focus models and I like the side focus also so if that is what you want buy it, and dont look back.  Who cares what the other model cost, if it is not the one you want. Its kind of like going to the Chevrolet dealer to buy a truck and saying I want a diesel engine but I cant understand why it cost more than a six cylinder gas engine. Some parts cost more, you want it or you dont. 
SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope Mil-Dot SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SS10X42M
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 1/4 MOA
$399.95 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - February/08/2012 at 19:55

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 19:57
The SS 10x is a great value... period.  The others are just low cost...
Caveat emptor...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 19:58
One other thing Mike -- if you wait a couple months the same scopeThunbs Up at the same price Shocked will be available with the New Mil Quad reticle Smilewith 1/10 moa clicksYippee

Order Early these will be popular.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2012 at 20:25
I will be getting a 6x mil-quad, myself.
-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic