OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Red Dot/Scope for my 44mag super black hawk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 44magsue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Dot/Scope for my 44mag super black hawk
    Posted: February/04/2012 at 18:14
Looking for a Good Red dot or Scope for my Ruger  44 mag Super blackhawk hunter. which one would you guys recomened? looking hard at a matchdot ll. my choice in a scope would be a Leupold 2power. shot with open sights all these years and have to tell you my aging eyes forcing me to do something else.
thanks for the help
magsue

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2012 at 18:58
I mounted one of these with two 30mm rings on my Encore pistol. I am convinced Aimpoint and Trijicon have the best illumination :
Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight 2 MOA Dot Aimpoint 9000L 30mm Red Dot Sight
Stock # - AIM11419
  • Matte
  • 2 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Free Aimpoint Bikini Lens Cover w/ Purchase
$397.95 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2012 at 19:13
Welcome to Optics Talk. 

Have you considered an Aimpoint Micro? 

BEHOLD.....

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2012 at 20:53
Thats a winner, I need to buy one now that they make a 2moa  model.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
44magsue View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 44magsue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2012 at 09:40

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2012 at 15:39
[QUOTE=44magsue]
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2012 at 08:11
This is a DW with a Vortex SPARC, It worked ok but was awkward as it changed the balance of the gun.  If i was going to run a red dot full time, the aimpoint micro would be my only choice.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2012 at 22:46
I,m in 100% agreement with the Aimpoint micro,I love mine.Don't over look the Doctors red dot that SWFA is blowing out.I have mine on my 1911,22lr kit & I think it's about the most underated scope out there.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
DANNY-L View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNY-L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2012 at 11:39
I recently bought the same hunter model and I put a 2x leupold on it,works real good. I have tried red dots on other handguns and it just drives me nuts because it is impossible to stop the dot from quivering that's why I chose a scope,it may still quiver but ya don't notice it like the dot.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2012 at 16:56
Danny-L guess you are just going to have to lay off the Hooch when using a red dot Wink
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
DANNY-L View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNY-L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 10:46
I have an aimpoint on my DW375SM it was flawless but it seemed like I could never get the dot perfectly still although it almost always hit my poa.
Johan Beer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Beer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 21:09
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

I,m in 100% agreement with the Aimpoint micro,I love mine.Don't over look the Doctors red dot that SWFA is blowing out.I have mine on my 1911,22lr kit & I think it's about the most underated scope out there.

Is it possible to mount the Docter onto a K-fram S&W? It seem that the Docter Red Dot has a proprietary mounting system.
michaelnel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelnel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2014 at 15:42
I have been very pleased with the Aimpoint Micro H1 2MOA I have on my S&W Stealth Hunter .44 magnum:

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2014 at 16:16
I have a Leupold 2X on my Redhawk. If I could find a lightweight solution to mount the Micro, I would do it.
200 yards is a far poke from a Ruger revolver, though. I shoot mine at 100 and it is generally around 3-4 inches.
Doug
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelnel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2014 at 16:31
I was fortunate in that the Stealth Hunter comes standard with a Weaver rail, so it made mounting the Aimpoint very easy.  It holds zero well when you dismount it and remount it too.

I have a Ruger SB Bisley Hunter on order, and I figure I will mount a scope on that, since it also comes with a built-in rail and is supplied with 1" mounts.  That's actually why I am in this forum today, doing research.  No easy way to mount the Aimpoint on the Bisley Hunter.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelnel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2014 at 08:20
I found that Burris makes a Ruger to Weaver adapter, so I ordered a set.  With that I should be able to mount the Aimpoint on the Bisley.  I hope.
PinkVapor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkVapor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 13:01
I mounted an Aimpoint T-1 to my Colt Anaconda 44 mag.
LOVE IT & I'm ordering a T-2 to replace an EO Tech EXP2-2 on my AR. My older eyes don't like the EO as much.file:///C:/Users/aduncan/Pictures/pers/toys/Anaconda%20-%20.25%20Copy.JPG
PinkVapor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkVapor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 13:07
How does one edit a previous post?
Let me try this again. I mounted an Aimpoint T-1 to my Colt Anaconda 44 mag.
LOVE IT & I'm ordering a T-2 to replace an EO Tech EXP2-2 on my AR. My older eyes don't like the EO as much.

Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 19:58
Depending on your  planned carry method if size of the Aimpoint is an issue also look at something like the Trijicon RMRs.  For me red dot sights are a lot easier and quicker to use on handguns in the field than magnified LER scopes with their very limited fields of view.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2015 at 20:05
Pinkvapor, you need 50 post's to edit. 

Welcome to Optics Talk and that Colt is SWEET. 

This is an old thread, but I still LOVE LOVE LOVE my T-1 Micro even more now then when I posted in this thread.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic