OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Toy Ruger 10/22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogBuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toy Ruger 10/22
    Posted: February/16/2006 at 13:46

I recently bought another 10/22 to plink around with at the range.  I grew up shooting a 10/22 and loved it, so I figured it was only proper to buy another and do it up right.  It is the hammer forged bull barrel version and I think it looks sexy. I threw a VX-II 3x9 on there for now, but haven't done any sort of upgrading.

I have seen how popular these guns are to modify because it really is cheap in comparison to most rifles.  Mine shoots some impressive groups right out of the box, but I certainly have a few gripes.  I know I am not alone when I express my discontent with the mag release and the bolt release.  The trigger could also use some work.

I see that Volquartsen makes quite a few upgrades for an okay price.  Does anyone have an opinion of their stuff? Also, what are upgrade "must do"s?  I am a pretty damn good shot with most guns, so I'm looking for that extra edge, and having fun upgrading along the way.

Any suggestions for a good thumbhole stock? I know there are many, but I am uncomfortable purchasing one online without seeing and getting a feel for it first.

Also, if you have pictures of your custom duece/duece please post them. 

Thanks

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
Ronald Reagan
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2006 at 20:55
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2006 at 08:32

I was reading in one of the mags last night about converting your 10/22 to 17 Mach 2.  It takes a new barrel and a new bolt, but is only a 10 minute job, and you can go back to 22LR in 10 minutes.  That would be fun.

DogBuster View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogBuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2006 at 11:12

Nice looking gun, Dale!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
Ronald Reagan
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2006 at 18:10

Who makes that barrel, Dale??

smity25ca View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smity25ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2006 at 14:28
This is a pretty cool 10/22 conversion called the Krinker Plinker it retails for around $380.00 It is real good quality to, nothing cheaply done
Speed is Fine Accuracy is Finnal (Wyatt Earp)

Ian J. Smith (Cpl)
Camp Borden
Zeroman_IR View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeroman_IR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2006 at 19:21
The forum over at www.rimfirecentral.com has more information than you can use on this subject. Most people there are really helpful too with any questions you may have and there's galleries of photos with different stocks/barrels/conversions etc.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2006 at 19:46
It is a Voquartson VHS tapered chamber target barrel for standard velocity target ammo, on a Target 10/22 the one with the 2 stage trigger, and a Voquar. titanium hammer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic