OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

3.5-15X50 scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbaird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3.5-15X50 scope
    Posted: January/31/2012 at 19:21

I am in need of a new lower powered varmint scope.  Have narrowed the field to either a Premier

3.5-15 Hunter or the nightforce 3.5-15.  Any suggestions or feedback oh which is the better scope?
Ernie Bishop View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2012 at 19:28
Used the NF 3.5-15and it was very satisfactory.  Took animals out to 1K with it.
Not used the Premier.
Ernie

"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water."
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2012 at 21:26
The Premier will have the better glass this is a good  solid choice.
Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Hunter 30mm Riflescope Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Hunter 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - PRH11001
  • Matte
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated Gen II XR
  • 30mm
  • Counter-Clockwise
$1,850.00 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
6.5x47 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6.5x47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2012 at 09:35
I used a Premier Heritage 3-15 for several years, and would not buy again from that company.  I always had parallax problems, elevation issues, and horrible customer service.  Also Premier is going through restructuring , but haven't found a buyer yet.  Almost 2k is a big gamble, in my opinion, on a company like that.  Yes the glass is fantastic. But if the scope doesn't perform as it should, it is pretty close to worthless to me.

Go with the nightforce
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2012 at 14:55
Originally posted by 6.5x47 6.5x47 wrote:

I used a Premier Heritage 3-15 for several years, and would not buy again from that company.  I always had parallax problems, elevation issues, and horrible customer service.  Also Premier is going through restructuring , but haven't found a buyer yet.  Almost 2k is a big gamble, in my opinion, on a company like that.  Yes the glass is fantastic. But if the scope doesn't perform as it should, it is pretty close to worthless to me.

Go with the nightforce

"Used" or owned?

I see a trend developing here.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
6.5x47 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6.5x47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2012 at 18:01
owned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 16:07
You owned, "for several years", a Premier Heritage 3-15 that didn't track, fogged up, and had a broken parallax adjustment?  For years?

6.5x47 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6.5x47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 21:29
Rancid, would it make you feel better if I explained just how my whole ownership and customer service experience went?  
6.5x47 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6.5x47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 21:31
And have you ever had a scope fail?  Did it work out of the box, and then fail.  Or did you actually use the scope and  then noticed a point where things went wrong?
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 22:19
I have a Premier hunter since they were released 13 months ago.Have had no problems at all.This scope hangs in there with Both my S&B Zenith,Swaro Z6I.The Premier glass is hands down better than the Nightforce & the machanical equal.
Also had some dealings with Paul at Premier when I purchased my Premier LT  & found their CS as good as it gets. 
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2012 at 03:23

I use Premier LT for 6 months and have compared it with a lot of different scopes and have to say that for a given price it is really a good purchase. The glass in on pair or better than  PM II 3-20x50 and the mechanics didn let me down yet. 

I also deal a lot with EU Optronika and have only good experiences. Dont know how is this in US. 

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2012 at 07:38
Originally posted by 6.5x47 6.5x47 wrote:

Rancid, would it make you feel better if I explained just how my whole ownership and customer service experience went?  
Not rancid but I'd be curious to see how far the rabbit hole went......  Do tell your story about your experience
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2012 at 09:57
Sure, tell the story, but, if you don't mind, start a new thread.  

And yes, I have had scopes fail. Many. 

Edited by Rancid Coolaid - June/21/2012 at 10:18
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic