OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meopta Meostar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meopta Meostar
    Posted: January/28/2012 at 18:04
Just curious how good are these scopesare they 150$ better than a Conquest or VX3
Stan
Varoum View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varoum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2012 at 19:49
The Meostar is their top line of scopes.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 10:33
Meostar's are very nice, have great glass, are well built and tough. Some are a bit short on ER though, so if it's going on a big kicker ... be aware of the possibility of getting scope bit.  Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
icon308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 11:13
i have saved till I have 700$  id just like to get the best scope i could for that Ive heard they were clear and good in low light
Stan
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 13:54
I have a meostar r1 3-10x50 mounted on a rra. these scopes are very well built and have great glass i would not hesitate buying another.... imo  i also own conquest's and vx3's
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
icon308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 14:03
coyote  how does those compare to the meostar
Stan
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 14:38
 I have always thought the conquest glass and meostar were pretty darn close but I would have to give the edge to the meostar. imo plus I like the r1's #4 reticle better for my hunting purpose. I really can't compare these to the vx3 because I have little time spent behind the leupold. I will say the leupy looks pretty nice so far...
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
icon308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 14:53
I was considering a VX3
Stan
ugapaul View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugapaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2012 at 20:59
I have a meostar 3x10x50 that i've compared to a zeiss conquest 3x9x40  and a 4.5x14x50 mark4 leupy, both in broad day light and not in any rigorous fashion, but i'll take the meostar hands down if that would be all I had to go on.

I was almost embarrassed  for my buddy that had spent 1,300 on the mark 4 after seeing the difference in glass.  I suppose he did get a tactical scope with illumination, but you would think for over twice the price, the glass would have been a bit better.
dw0229 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dw0229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2012 at 08:58

In my opinion,yes the Meostar is $150 better than a Conquest.I have owned a Meostar and you would have to get into say the Zeiss Diavari line to best it and then not by much.We recently done a low light with the Meostar 3-12x56,a Diavari 3-12x56 and a Trijicon 2.5-10x56.We had trouble deciding between the Diavari and Meostar and had to do a lot of back and forthing and the Zeiss lead was minimal at best.We all concluded that for a hunter at $849 vs. $2000 the Meopta was the better choice.The Trijicon was not as good optically but the lighted reticle helped things out.Both the other scopes with non illuminated #4 reticles would shoot later than the illuminated Trijicon.I just wound up my deer season here in Alabama and mostly used a Meopta Meopro 3-9x42 #4 reticle and was very impressed.3 dead bucks and 2 were shot in very low light.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic