OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

where are the Redfield Revolution scopes made?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smlekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where are the Redfield Revolution scopes made?
    Posted: January/27/2012 at 16:28
I though they were American manufactured but have heard a dealer claiming there chinese?????
oldguy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2012 at 17:38

I was told they were made in same plant as Leupold, but a non issue for me as I have one in 2-7x32 it appears to be same scope as the Leupold with a slightly different finish.  Honestly with outsourcing along with suppliers of glass world wide various brands made in same factory it's a grab bag of what you get, not positive that brand name is relevant in todays world.

The glass on mine is very good, solid scope and for $120 bucks can't complain.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2012 at 17:40
They assemble the Revolutions at the Leupold facility in OR.  I am not sure where the lenses and other internal parts come from (somewhere on the Pacific Rim I suspect), but I think the tubes are milled in OR.
-Matt
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2012 at 12:59
The dealer that said that is probably the same guy that, when asked to show you a Winchester Model 70, says: THIS ONE ?? and has his hand on a Mossberg shotgun. 

Visit the Ed Show
smlekid View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smlekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2012 at 17:26
yes I should state that I'm in Australia and it was a person who imports scopes (Not Redfields)
at the moment here the best bang for your buck seems to be the RedField scopes I work part time at a gunshop and have suggested these scopes to a lot of people and have stated to them they are American made I wanted to make sure I was not giving them the wrong information
gunguymo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunguymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 16:29
I have an older Redfield its about 20 years old. Ive taken lots of deer with it, one of which was at 630 yards with my 7mmmag. I love this old redfield scope. Mine was made here in the good ole U.S.A. I would like to think they still make them here but not sure.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 17:38
Leupold is making them.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2012 at 16:32

Beaverton, Oregon       USA 

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic