OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR 2.5x10 with mil turret

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR 2.5x10 with mil turret
    Posted: January/25/2012 at 23:55
This is  my first post.  I have a Sako/Pacnor/Mcmillan 7mm mag  build, for elk, antelope, and yotes,  and want a good scope on it.   Has anyone hunted with the IOR 2.5x10 for similar game? 
Thanks
mkhu
hunting man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunting man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2012 at 14:42
Hy,I i have ior 2,5-10x42 old generation,and is very good,day and night,with reticle MP8 iiluminated.
The rifle is browning x bol,caliber 243 win.

Ps:sorry for me english ;),but i live in Romania,Bucharest.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunting man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2012 at 14:45
is very good and very bright at night,contrary to the objective of 42,visual field only has a little lower, but generally it is used by the military to hunt.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2012 at 15:56
It tunnels on the low end.  Starting at about 4x if I remember correctly.  So your FOV does not get any better below that point.  Decent scope though.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2012 at 16:26
I had it, good scope.  It does tunnel on the low end, from 2.5 to about 4, so it is really a 4-10.  That said, glass is good, turrets were nice and crisp, and the new illumination system was far superior to IOR's older stuff.  Make SURE you get the new scope, not the older one (the new ones have the 10-mil per turn elevation turret, uncapped. Old ones hve a terrible illumination system and the turrets were smaller.)

It is a good scope, not my first choice for your rifle setup, but you asked about the IOR.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunting man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2012 at 05:47
new generation of telescopes really has better lighting , better defined turetele have clikuri, but , if I remember correctly the visual field is small as that of older generations, not used only for long distance walk and media,New romania , because landscape use from a telescope with magnification , and 1.2 are the best because thicket that is. this telescope from IOR 2.5- 10x42 is about blasphemed because of lower visual field , and its price is high enough to produce compared with the German , that is very little difference in them is.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunting man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2012 at 05:51
who wants sniper for the IOR and is interested in you can buy sniper from the factory with the addition smaller than the market after a few hundred dollars and lower the price of what is sold by Valdada,factory is half an hour of me and I would love to help , knowing that the IOR will have telescopes for several times higher than in romania.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunting man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2012 at 05:53
I am one of the IOR 8x56 with German reticol , taken from the factory brand new tube of an inch but do not use it if you are interested , give me a sign of life for a sell,on sale here can not ask for I can not post yet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic