OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Original S S Fixed -Mil Mil MilQuad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original S S Fixed -Mil Mil MilQuad
    Posted: January/24/2012 at 10:00
OK Smoking Banditthe word seems to be out Smoking Bandit -----that this spring we will see the old style fixed power Super Sniper scopes get a make over and become available in
Shocked Mil Mil turretsThunbs Up with the Mil Quad reticleThunbs Up
Not sure if the price will go up, but even if it does this will be an awesome line of AFFORDABLE scopes   6x,  10x,  12x,  16x & 20x versions are to come out this spring.   Anyone with first hand info, or who has actually seen one feel free to tell us a little more.  One big question is will it have the same three set screw type knobs or the better single screw gear tooth knobs that the HD series has?    
CFII Better put my name down on one of  the 16X scopes   <======<<<< BUYJump and Spin

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 11:00
I absolutely love the Mil-Quad reticle. It's easily SWFA's best thought design IMO.

Good call Wes.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 11:49
I would point out that this isn't a "fix", it is a shift in customer wants and a good job of SWFA listening to the customers.

When the original 10X SS came out, everything was mil dot with MOA turret, that's what military used, that is what LE used, it was industry standard.  Over the years, the standard has changed, and now SWFA is changing to support the customer.

I wouldn't call it a "fix", that makes it sound like the thing was broken.  It weren't broken!  I learned on mil/MOA, stuck with it longer that I should have.

Thanks, SWFA, for listening.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 12:00
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

I would point out that this isn't a "fix", it is a shift in customer wants and a good job of SWFA listening to the customers.

When the original 10X SS came out, everything was mil dot with MOA turret, that's what military used, that is what LE used, it was industry standard.  Over the years, the standard has changed, and now SWFA is changing to support the customer.

I wouldn't call it a "fix", that makes it sound like the thing was broken.  It weren't broken!  I learned on mil/MOA, stuck with it longer that I should have.

Very good point
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 13:26
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Very good point

I think he is referring to fixed power and not fixing an issue with the scopes.
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 13:32
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

One big question is will it have the same three set screw type knobs or the better single screw gear tooth knobs that the HD series has?   

The knobs should be the same as the old ones, just in Mils.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 16:16
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Very good point

I think he is referring to fixed power and not fixing an issue with the scopes.

Correct  ---  FIXED POWER  -- as in it aint a variable Cool  These should be AWESOME.  I wish all my scopes could be super expensive scopes but if you have more than two rifles that doesnt work out so good for most of us.  I am more excited about seeing the new Mil Quad reticle in these scopes than anything else.  I could live with quarter moa clicks but I would sure rather have the 1/10 mil clicks because it makes it SO much easier to be able to dial part and hold over a mil or two to get the correction without spinning the dial more than a few tenths  SO MUCH FASTER Thunbs Up   The reticle is so AWESOME though.  I just traded a Mil Dot scope for another Mil Quad scope and the three heavy posts show up so much better at night it just makes all the difference in the world.  Ive had the 6x the 10x the 10x side focus and the 20x so now I want the 16x and after that we will se about the posibility of a 12x   Man Do I LOVE these Scopes and the new 3-9x42 Mil Quad and the 5-20x50 Mil Quad. Devil

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 17:08
But are they going to offer upgrade turrets for existing scopes?
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 17:24
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

But are they going to offer upgrade turrets for existing scopes?
YOU bet send them in just send money they can GOLD PLATE them for you.  Eek Come on brother the difference is in the mechanical internals so NO but you can trade stuff in and buy what you want for a very reasonable difference.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2012 at 07:11
I know...But thought if I was going to dream, I might as well dream big...First things first though... A 5-20 is soon coming my way!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2012 at 13:45
I just about purchased an older 16x. Now I am pleased that I waited. I much prefer the new Mil quad reticle. Now if they would make the 16x a HD as well.
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 12:46
This solves all my problems looking at other scopes in my price range... the day these come out I'm ordering one!! 
Old Mil ftw
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 14:45
Originally posted by RotoReuter_DM RotoReuter_DM wrote:

This solves all my problems looking at other scopes in my price range... the day these come out I'm ordering one!! 
I suggest you order now... I'm pretty sure you are not charged until it ships and you are "in line" in case there is a run on the first batch.  Guess it depends on how soon you want one...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2012 at 22:39
There not on the site yet? Can i call and order?
Old Mil ftw
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2012 at 08:55
Wes,  I mis-read, sorry for the confusion.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic