OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

No New Trijicon AccuPoint for 2012?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No New Trijicon AccuPoint for 2012?
    Posted: January/22/2012 at 20:10
I've been waiting for new Accupoints for quite some time... about 9 months ago or something I called and the gentleman told me to look for innovation from Trijicon in the Accupoint line as their next major project, and that they typically release at the SHOT show.  So I've kept waiting because I want an Accupoint, but in the "newer technology" category as mentioned here before.   Being in business I know product release dates always get pushed, but this stinks...   

Anyone know anything?  At this point I'm wondering if the guy I spoke with knew what he was talking about and things just missed the SHOT show, if I have to wait another year, or if the whole project was cancelled?  

I don't want to buy a 3-9 and lose $300 on it selling it a month later, and since I have something that works ok now I've been waiting, but I really need to get some good glass on my LWRC 6.8 one of these days :)
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 18:22

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 18:23
I just ordered this. I like the  2.5-10x56 way better than the 3-9.
Trijicon 2.5-10x56 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope Mil-Dot Crosshair w/ Green Dot Trijicon 2.5-10x56 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope  Thunbs Up
Stock # - TR222G
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot Crosshair w/ Green Dot
  • 30mm
$870.95 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Duke614 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2012 at 17:11
LOL... if the TARS is what he meant for $4000, I am sorely disappointed but maybe you're right I dunno.

And it's the 3-9 vs 2.5-10 for my application, you are correct.  I have it from Bill Wilson that in his experience (and he hunts a lot of hogs and a lot period LOL) the 2.5-10 doesn't make enough difference in low light performance to justify it's weight over the 3-9, and low light / night hog hunting is my application so I'm thinking the 3-9 will win out for me I guess...
1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2012 at 19:57
The two scopes I use daily for hog hunting (depending on which gun I'm using) are Trijicon 3-9x40 green crosshair or Leupold VX-R 3-9x50 and I'm really happy with both. I have two 2.5-10x56 Accupoints but don't use them that much because of the weight. I do a lot of spot and stalk hunting in open ranchland so firearm weight is a big factor for me.

However if ultimate light gathering in low light and hunting from a stand I'd go with the 56mm Trijicon
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2012 at 20:10
Bill on the green mil dot I ordered in I had an issue with the tritium being very very dim in a dark garage.
You could tell it had tritium in the fiber optic cover on top of the scope as it would glow lightly. Just the dot inside the reticle was very very dim.
I have a two year old  5-20x50 green  mil-dot that seems correct but I have ordered in a couple of them this year that have been very dim.  I asked the engineers at Trijicon if there had been a change in the tritium or the fiber optic but have not heard back.  I know on my compact ACOGS they are awesome in low light so I may be expecting too much, but like I said I have one 5-20x50 green mil dot that I compare to and it is probably 4+ times as bright as the ones I ordered in this year.  That scope is at least two years old came in the old style box with plastic sleeve and magnetic closure. Not sure what is going on.  I may just go to a post style or just use an ACOG.  Have you run any of the 1-4x Accupoints I am wondering if the #4 reticle would have the same issues or if its dot appears larger than the mil dot but smallet than a post?  

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2012 at 21:06
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Bill on the green mil dot I ordered in I had an issue with the tritium being very very dim in a dark garage.
You could tell it had tritium in the fiber optic cover on top of the scope as it would glow lightly. Just the dot inside the reticle was very very dim.
I have a two year old  5-20x50 green  mil-dot that seems correct but I have ordered in a couple of them this year that have been very dim.  I asked the engineers at Trijicon if there had been a change in the tritium or the fiber optic but have not heard back.  I know on my compact ACOGS they are awesome in low light so I may be expecting too much, but like I said I have one 5-20x50 green mil dot that I compare to and it is probably 4+ times as bright as the ones I ordered in this year.  That scope is at least two years old came in the old style box with plastic sleeve and magnetic closure. Not sure what is going on.  I may just go to a post style or just use an ACOG.  Have you run any of the 1-4x Accupoints I am wondering if the #4 reticle would have the same issues or if its dot appears larger than the mil dot but smallet than a post?  

Personally I have only had one dim dot and it was a amber crosshair, all my green crosshair scopes are pretty bright, actually just right in low light. All but one of my scopes came in the old style sleeve/magnet packaging.
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2012 at 21:13
Thanks Bill

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Duke614 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2012 at 23:21
Originally posted by 1911man 1911man wrote:

The two scopes I use daily for hog hunting (depending on which gun I'm using) are Trijicon 3-9x40 green crosshair or Leupold VX-R 3-9x50 and I'm really happy with both. I have two 2.5-10x56 Accupoints but don't use them that much because of the weight. I do a lot of spot and stalk hunting in open ranchland so firearm weight is a big factor for me.

However if ultimate light gathering in low light and hunting from a stand I'd go with the 56mm Trijicon

Ah thanks for the additional input.  Having just hiked up and down a bunch of southern Ohio hills this very evening, I'm thinking about lightening my weapon.  So today it would be the 3x9, and a lighter rail lol.... I was just hoping they'd release something like a 2x12 by 4xmm objective for this year. 

So anyway, 3x9 green with the dots I think it will be...
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2012 at 12:54
Had the dim problem a lot in the Military... If the Rifle Scopes work like the acog you can tape a glow stick on the line that was how we fixed it... lol
Old Mil ftw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic