OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

And so it begins...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:47
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

How you liking the game, Mike 6 Fiddy? 

ehhhh.... Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:49

Raider's had Jack Tatum, Gene Atkinson, and an assorted bad ass's on defense. They were brutal. 

Best defense I've witnessed in my life time is the '86 Giant's. Taylor, Banks, Carson, Marshall, Burt, and Pepper Johnson. 
I'd love to believe the '85 Bears were, but I digress. The Giants were suffocating and Taylor is the best OL that's ever played...IMHO.  

ooohhhh, great memory Mark, take no prisoners!!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:09
Willie Brown....What a TOUGH defense! You know offenses dreaded playing them.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:09
Right now... I'd have to say the 49ers are playing really good football, earning mucho respect... I thought they were a "flash in the pan", but ... they are looking tough.  Don't get me wrong, I still want the Giants to win, but if they lose... they will have lost to an "equivalent" team.  Not bad...

However, you neglect/forget the Doomsday Defense... Townes, Cole, Waters, Howley, Pugh, , Adderly, Lilley (perhaps the best ever), Jordan, Andre, Edwards, Renfro, Green

Doomsday...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:19
Doomsday D was great, but wasn't as dominating as the '86 Giants, but in fairness, I watched NY play more games than Dallas. 
Bob Lilly...I haven't thought of him in decades. He was a great player, indeed. Mr. Cowboy.   
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:26
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Right now... I'd have to say the 49ers are playing really good football, earning mucho respect... I thought they were a "flash in the pan", but ... they are looking tough.  Don't get me wrong, I still want the Giants to win, but if they lose... they will have lost to an "equivalent" team.  Not bad...

However, you neglect/forget the Doomsday Defense... Townes, Cole, Waters, Howley, Pugh, , Adderly, Lilley (perhaps the best ever), Jordan, Andre, Edwards, Renfro, Green

Doomsday...

Being highly critical of the Niners (closet fan), I was quite surprised this season too; I've followed them since the late sixties before the Super Bowls and the the "Winers Fans" that only come out when the Niners winning.

Their young "D" sort of reminds me of the "81 team back when Lott, Wright, Hicks, Dean, "Hacksaw" Reynolds, etc. were playing. Harbaugh has a great game plan of reeling in QB Smith and not having him do anything too risky.

It'll be interesting to see next year what happens with Vernon Davis; TO had the same kind of year back in '98 and then the next year became one of the biggest a-holes in the NFL.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:30
Boy, you guys are OLD!!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:32
That pic of Ronnie Lott gives me chills! Man he was fun to watch!! What a HITTER!!  
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:47
Hacksaw Reynolds... earned his name because his Jeep would not start one day, made him angry, and he sawed it in half (perfect half by all accounts) with a hacksaw... that is a LONG TIME MAD...

football players FEARED Hacksaw Reynolds...

49ers just scored...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:51
Bob Lilly, rated by Master Chai Sirasute (Tom Landry hired him as Cowboys conditioning coach) as the most powerful kicker he had ever known.  This from a man (approximately 135lb) who REGULARLY in demonstrations throwing a roundhouse kick lifted a 250lb "bag holder" (human) off the floor and drove him 10-15 feet into a wall... Lilly was a BAAAAD man...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:55
But I really don't follow football...

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 19:57

That pic of Ronnie Lott gives me chills! Man he was fun to watch!! What a HITTER!!  

Oh yeah, pure intimidation, he would just bust you up!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 20:50
This may be better than the NO game... If the 49ers can do this again next year, I may have to quit hating them...

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 21:09
Turning into a good game.  The way it should be.  May be seeing the best two weeks in a row for football playoffs.  Superbowls never seem to be this good.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 21:12
I agree... Playoffs have, mostly, been excellent.  Of course, it's been a while since I've seen all of the playoff games... I could be mistaken.  But, best I've seen in MANY a moon...

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 21:13
Agreed, the NFC playoffs the past two weeks have been outstanding.

NFL OT should be more like college OT, giving the other team a chance to respond regardless if one team scores a TD on the first possession or not.

Edited by mike650 - January/22/2012 at 21:20
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 21:20
Yes sir, I agree.  The college OT is much better in my opinion.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 21:36
Looks like KB will be watching the Superbowl this year.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 21:37

Harbaugh has good years yet to come.  Very impressive.

One of those games where you hate that it couldn't last just a bit longer.  Scoreboard proclaims a winner, but there is no loser in that game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic